Chapter 27 - Birthday Party

Kiyotaka's POV

Ring, ring...

The alarm in the bedside clock rang loudly, signaling the arrival of the new day.

I woke up and looked at it with resignation, understanding why people have an urge to throw it through the window when it starts ringing in the morning.

I swear, the one who invented wake-up alarm clocks was genius and devil.

Normally, I had a punctual sleeping schedule, so I didn't need it, but today was different.

I barely had any sleep the last night and the night before, preparing for this day, so I set it just to be sure to not oversleep.

Today was 10th April, Kiryuin Fuka's birthday.

Normally, it wouldn't be such a big deal to celebrate a girl's birthday.

I already invited Fuka for a date and prepared a present.

But because of the certain idea, this event became even more important.

And since I didn't have much time to prepare the surprise, I decided to cut off my sleep time to minimum to make it happen.

It wasn't that big of a deal, but it was still detrimental.

I went to the bathroom, then started preparing to dress up and go to Professor's place.

Since we had classes today, I treated the first part of today the same as always.

I only needed to worry about my performance in the afternoon.

Ding-dong!

Suddenly, my doorbell rang, interrupting my dressing up.

Kiyotaka: "Sotomura managed to prepare himself before me? Today's gonna snow..."

Without many doubts nor my shirt, I opened the door widely.

...

Hm?

The last time I saw him, Professor didn't have platinum hair, nice thighs and a smug, pretty face.

I made a surprised expression, understanding what kind of blunder I just made.

'Professor' also made a surprised expression, while scanning me a few times, then started to grin widely.

Professor(?): "Oh my, Kiyotaka. I was planning to surprise you, but you instantaneously beat me up. Is that how you always welcome your guests, or is this some kind of service for VIP of today?"

Kiyotaka: "Good morning, Fuka. I was thinking that it was Professor and was worried what kind of natural disaster was going to hit us today. Luckily, such a phenomenon won't occur, so treat it as a service from my gratitude."

Indeed, before me was standing Kiryuin Fuka in casual, pretty clothes.

While I was standing in just my pants...

Fortunately, the concept of shame wasn't even close to me.

Fuka: "Is that so? Then thank you for the treat."

Fuka grinned, while her eyes stayed on my body.

This girl was almost as shameless as me.

Almost, since her cheeks started to turn red.

Kiyotaka: "Like what you see?"

I teased her a little with a smug face.

Fuka: "I guess the first surprise today was rather well-made, Kiyotaka. You pass."