Chap. 4

Dan led me back to my room, which happened to be right across from Dan's bedroom chambers.

He took me to my bed and told me to lie down, making sure I actually did, before heading back out, saying that he was gonna bring some tea and cookies.

I lay down under the covers, staring up at my bedroom ceiling with a blank stare.

The crime scene... there was no weapons or any evidence. Just two bodies and red all around.

So who could have killed them?

I thought about it for a while. 

The doors opened again after a few minutes. Dan walked in with a tray; a teapot, two cups, and a plate of cookies on it.

He put it down beside me. I sat up.

"Chamomile tea helps," He said softly.

I smiled. "Thanks, Dan."

He sat down at the foot of my bed. "Of course."

I poured some tea into my cup and began sipping it.

I poured some for Dan. He took the cup and began to drink too.

We sat there, drinking the tea, in comfortable silence.

Finally, I spoke.

"Would you believe me if I said I had this kind of vision earlier? When I collapsed?"

Dan was quiet for a moment. Then he said, "Go on. Tell me what happened." He said, facing me to listen.

I smiled.

That what I liked about Dan. He always listened and really, really, truly thought about everyone's words.

I began to explain in detail, what I saw. I really trusted Dan not to judge me.

When I finished, he was silent.

"Interesting." He finally said.

"But I don't think my brother has anything to do with this." Dan said. "Arther seemed so upset. I mean, I suppose he's happy to be able to step up, but I know him. He's devastated too. I see it."

I nodded. "Yeah, I wasn't saying he was a suspect. I know him too, and I saw the sadness in him. I... I just had this vision. And I don't know why." I said.

Dan hummed. "Maybe you're a Vison Seeker. Pretty rare, if you ask me. Seekers haven't been around since, well, forever."

I nodded. "I could be. But...."

"It's hard to believe that." Dan finished.

I smiled. "Yeah."

Dan was quiet. Then he started to cry silently. I watched for a moment, my heart twisting on itself, as tears began to flow down his face. I didn't know what to do. I... I wanted to do something but I didn't know what.

So I hugged him. He cried into my shoulder.

He was finally realizing the entire situation, huh? Finally grasping it all? It would be all coming down on him....

I felt so bad.

I....

What is this feeling? Of wanting to protect him and to hug him and never let go? Like... I don't want him to be crying and sad. I don't want him to have to mourn someone, especially a loved one. I don't want him to be sad...

I hugged him even tighter.