Chap. 27

Time Skip~

With Dan resting and drinking water, and also the herb medicine I got him, he got better. Good as new.

But it took away the time we could have been getting to that Tavern.

Someone was trying to stop us from getting to the Black Raven Tavern. Stalling us. But why? And who?

Dan finished packing up his stuff and nodded to me. Unconsciously, I grabbed his hand, locking my fingers with his.

"We should get to that Tavern, as quick as possible. Someone was stalling us, trying to keep us away, don't you think?" I asked.

Dan nodded. "I agree. Who knows? Maybe the culprit or whatever fled already."

I frowned. "We should get going."

Me and Dan exited the inn, thanking the kind innkeeper lady. We walked down the street, following my ePhone's directions.

'You have arrived at: 294 East Lakewood Street. Black Raven Tavern.'

I stared upon at it.

Dark, chalky black bricked walls. No windows whatsoever. A rusty looking red door. And a wooden sign, swinging from the wind, reading: BLACK RAVEN TAVERN.

I glanced at Dan, who gave a nod, and then entered the tavern. There were no modern lighting; only candles and torches here and there. With no windows, the place seemed like it was nighttime— although it was dawn actually, outside.

Tall bar tables, rusty bronze chairs, shelves of liquor and bottles. The place seemed very old and not very.... modernized, to say the least.

I looked around. It was completely empty. If there weren't cups of liquor strewn around, cups that had been drunk from, I'd think the place had been long abandoned.

"No one's here. They had been, but now...." Dan looked thoughtful.

I frowned. "Should we wait here for a bit? Maybe no one's here because it's so early." I said.

Dan nodded, taking my hand and squeezing it with an anxious look. "It's so eerie here." He frowned, shuddering.

"I agree," I said. "Wanna go wait outside?" I suggested.

Dan smiled. "Good thinking, Kari."

He glanced at me. Then his eyes widened.

"KARISE!" He yelled.

He only called me by my full first name when.... there was danger. Terrible danger.

I turned around to look too.

And gasped.