Chap. 16

Dan and I found our ride, Express 017, and boarded the train. We sat at the first two seats we found and sat down.

I fumbled with the black straps of my seatbelt. Dan clicked on his seatbelt easily. I fumbled harder with the straps, trying to do it on my own.

And suddenly, a warm pair of hands covered my own, as Dan put his hands over mine and helped me click on the seatbelt right. And by helped, I meant he did it for me.

Such boyfriend material— AHHHHH. NOOOO. WHAT AM I THINKING?! KARISE GET YOUR HEAD STRAIGHT!

"T—Thanks." I mumbled. Dan smiled at me sweetly.

The Express 017, will now be moving. All passengers are requested to make sure their seatbelts are on correctly and all baggage is secured. This hover-train will be arriving at The City, in approximately thirty minutes.

I was impressed with how good the P.A system quality was. I felt the train begin to move. The hover-train sped uphill on the tracks, and suddenly we were in the sky, hovering above the buildings down on the ground.

I leaned back on my seat and comfortably closed my eyes. I was always on duty to protect Dan and follow him everywhere.

Surely, I could take a break for a quick second right?

"Take a break, Kari. Don't worry about me. You're always taking care of me, so I'll take care of you this time." I heard Dan's melodic voice whispered to me.

"But you already take good care of me..." I mumbled, before falling into a deep sleep.