Chap. 15

*Little Time Skip*

I shuffled after Dan, who exited the palace and briskly walked towards the hover-train station. His dark blue hoodie and jeans made him look so much more "normal".

In order to keep his royal status and identity low, I had suggested Dan wear a hoodie and keep the hood on, casting a shadow over his face. Hiding his identity as the prince (well, one of the two princes) of the kingdom.

I had my sword hidden, so I could blend in with the normal people. Just an ordinary teen girl, walking with another normal teen boy— wearing normal clothes and being oh-so normal.

I kinda missed my gleaming silver, fitted-armor. It gave me a sense of protection, but in order to blend in and stay low, my armor suit had to be left behind, back at the palace.

Dan's princely attire was long gone too. His cream-colored tunic and dark gold jerkin he had been wearing, gone. His golden cloak, replaced with a dark midnight-blue cloak.

Dark midnight-blue cloaks were a sign of nobility status and upper-class. I wore a dark grey cloak; the status of the "normal" people, what most people wore.

Dan had wanted to wear the same colored cloak as me, but I had told him that he should still wear a cloak of more upper status, in case we needed some portion of power and authority in a situation.

Thinking ahead, way to go me.

My eyes were always darting around my surrounding, as well as on Dan. To make sure he was safe, of course. Not like I was staring at him because he was pretty— oh, no, no, no. Of course I wasn't.

Dan nodded politely in greeting at the ticket booth staff.

"Hello, welcome to the Central Station, how may I help you?" The lady said in a bored voice.

"Two tickets for a expressway hover-train, please, to The City." Dan said sweetly, like the innocent and kindhearted boy he was— oh my god, the heck am I saying?!

The ticket booth lady nodded and said, "One bronze Ep-Coin, total cost for both tickets."

Hm, one bronze for two tickets. Hm, not too too expensive.

(A/N: a bronze Ep-Coin is the equivalent to $10 USD)

Dan took out a coin out of his coin sack and placed a bronze coin on the counter, sliding it to the lady.

She took it and shoved it in the cash register.

Then she did some shuffling of papers on her desk and typed on her computer. Finally, she then handed Dan two newly-printed out tickets to The City.

"Here you go, have safe travels, the usual stuff." She spoke, eyes half-lidded with tiredness.

Dan smiled and thanked the lady.

He beckoned to me with his sweet smile and I followed him as he headed into the actual station.

People bustled around, along with a couple robots and drones here and there. Sparks of magic burst in the air occasionally— fireworks of blue, purple, and even neon green.