Chap. 32

A/N: Finally updated! Sorry for the long wait 😅. 

I didn't know what to write next for this story... But now I have ideas on how to go on with the plot!!! I'll be updating more, hopefully :)

Now with the story!

Dan and I were dragged into a dark room with stone walls and dead silence, except for the dragging of our feet and the guards heavy footsteps on the marble flooring.

I exchanged nervous glances with Dan, who looked fearful. As he should be. I was too. Scared of what would be happening.

We were dropped on the floor. The guards then chained our wrists and ankles up, then left us there.

Just, plain left us there.

I glanced around, wondering where this "boss" person was. Who was in charge here?

My question was answered, as a tall man walked out from the shadows. It looked like all life had been sucked out of him. The yellow in his hair, the brown in his eyes, the actual color and blush in his skin... all sucked out, until all that was left was a stale grey.

"Who are you?" I demanded.

The man chuckled. "Victor Quinsday. Also known as 'The Boss' around here." He smiled. It was honestly creepy.

"And why did you kidnap us?!" I snapped, furious to have been captured.

The man laughed.

"Everyone heard about the news, you know." He smirked. "That our dear, ever so precious rulers were dead. Murdered." He cackled.

In the corner of my eye, I saw Dan's fists clench up as he heard the man's mockery.

"So," Victor continued. "Naturally, I was looking for a way into the palace. To overthrow the crown prince, Arther, who decided to become king. And he is now king, is he not?"

"Yes." I mumbled.

Victor smiled eerily again.

"So, I was looking for a young child, part of the nobility, who would bound to have some sort of connections to the palace. Some vulnerable child of the nobility. Then, my men found you two. So I had then kidnap you and bring you two here. So I could obtain information." He said.

"And then, I found out you're not a boy of the nobility. In fact, you are something even more useful. The second prince." He sneered.

"So?" I asked. "What are you gonna do now?" I mocked.

"Now.... You.... You're a potential threat to my plan to become king..." Victor pointed at Dan.

I tensed up.

"So, I should probably kill you off now."

With that, Victor swiped a dagger out of his pocket and threw it at Dan.

Dan didn't have his ice powers to defend himself.

I watched the blade get closer and closer to Dan's throat.

He's gonna die!