Chap. 22

"So, what are we now?" I asked breathlessly, even though I hadn't even done anything physically.

Dan tilted his head. "Do you just wanna put the label on and say we're boyfriend and girlfriend? I mean, you already told that girl from earlier, that we were." His smile was teasing, but also so warm at the same time.

It's unfair, I decided, for someone to be so handsome but also have such beautiful smiles, and such an amazing personality and be so sweet to me and care about me so much. How can I not fall for him along the way?

I nodded, my heart beating excitedly. "Girlfriend, boyfriend." I agreed.

Dan smirked. "Well, now that we're actually dating, I can kiss you as much as I want to now right? And hold hands and hug you and say you're really beautiful, and also call you mine?"

I laughed, but nodded in response for him.

"But you already hug me and hold hands with me, and be so affectionate!" I giggled— wait no, I was his girlfriend now, but I was also his bodyguard; I had to be professional, I can't giggle!

Dan pouted.

Oh no, no, no. You cannot pout so adorably like that— like a little kitten who I want to squish his cheeks. Have his cheeks always looked so squishy and soft— no, no Karise. Do not squish his cheeks.

My hands twitched.

"I was holding back. I wanted to hug you and hold hands with you more, but I held back." Dan said.

"Why?" I asked curiously.

"Because I thought you'd be uncomfortable." Dan said, fidgeting with his hands.

OH MY GOD AEDAN AMINSTAD. YOU CANNOT BE SO AMAZING AND THOUGHTFUL LIKE THAT— MY HEART IS DYING.

"Um, I'm glad you think of me as amazing and thoughtful, but I would like your heart to not be dying, if that's possible?" Dan said, looking... decidedly worried.

Oh no, I said that out loud?!

Dan laughed, fondly combing his slender fingers through my hair.

"Enough of that. I love you so much." He said.

"Can you please stop being so sweet? My heart hurts." I deadpanned.

Dan burst out laughing. He kissed me, this time an actual one.

I kissed back. 

A/N: The fact that these two are STILL not at the raven's tavern, five chapters since they arrived...

And also, they finally kissed, hehe :)