Chap. 24

The walk seemed so short. For the entire walk, I was chatting with Dan, holding his hand. Dan even grew a flower along the street we were walking in (he also had the power to talk to plants and nature). Well, he helped a flower seed grow, to be exact.

I smiled at him the entire time, not being able to wipe it off. How could I? When I was dating the most amazing person ever? I didn't see him as the prince. I saw him as a friend, which then turned to seeing him as the whole world.

We arrived at the inn. Dan took care of paying for a single room. Since we would be here for only one night, we didn't think we would need to have to separate rooms. We were comfortable with each other anyways.

The innkeeper, an elderly lady with twinkling, youthful grey eyes, gave Dan a key.

"Second room to the left, the third floor." She said.

"Thank you, ma'am." Dan said politely.

"Oh how good mannered you are, young man!" The lady chuckled.

Dan glanced at me with a honey smile and took my hand. "Shall we?"

I smiled, trying not to scream with joy. I nodded.

Me and Dan walked up the two flights of stairs. The inn had only five floors, by the looks of it, so I guess they thought there was no need for an elevator.

And elevator would have been nice though.

Dan found our room and opened the door, motioning for me to go in first.

"Such a gentleman." I smiled, half teasing, half serious.

Dan bowed dramatically, acting like my goofy best friend. But then he kissed me (on the lips, yes) and suddenly he was my lovable, sweet boyfriend.

I surveyed the room. "I may be your girlfriend now, but I'm also still your bodyguard too, don't forget. Let me take a look and make sure it's completely safe." I said.

"Yeah, just like I'm your boyfriend, but also the prince." Dan smiled.

I glanced around.

Dan didn't argue with me at all— he just let me check everything.

Plain white walls, a dark wooden flooring. All the floorboards were intact. Nothing could be hidden underneath them.

The window was locked. The door could be locked from the inside. I locked it.

A single bed in the middle of the room. A nightstand beside it. There was nothing else in the room. It was a small room after all. Dan had requested for one.

"Okay, all set." I told Dan.

He nodded, thanking me (which made me blush) and saying I did a good job thinking about every little factor (which made me blush even harder).

Dan put his satchel at the foot of the single bed.

"I'm hungry. Do you wanna go down and get a quick dinner before we go to sleep?" He asked.

"Sure." I said.

We headed downstairs again, finding the small dining area quickly. Luckily, inns these days served small meals for their customers.

I sat down. Dan sat beside me.

A man came into the room, then upon noticing there were people, hurried back into the kitchen. He came back with two plates.

A shrimp dish was laid in front of Dan. A plate of bread was put in front of me.

"Why does he get a different meal? I thought all meals served here were the same?" I asked, confused.

"He's a noble, with his dark-blue cloak. You're only a commoner, a 'Normal'." The man said snootily.

Dan took my hand before I could get really mad.

"I can share the shrimp." He said to me.

Oh, he was too kind and sweet for me. What did I do to deserve such an angel? I must've saved a whole kingdom in my past life.

I shook his head at him with a gentle smile. "No, it's fine. I'm not really hungry right now anyway. You should eat, you must be starving."

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Positive." I told him.

Dan bit his lips, before slowly digging in. I took my bread and ate it.