Steve Clark - the one

Context - Steve is in love with you, but you have yet to find out.

TW - assault/abuse
---- Girls Name - Rosie McKenney

STEVE WAS IN OUT RIGHT LOVE with Rosie McKenney.

He adored her to the end. In his eyes, she was perfection.

But one small problem; her boyfriend, Jerry.

There was nothing wrong with Jerry, nothing at all, overall great guy. It was just something about him lately that Steve didn't like-but he made it out to be as if he just was jealous.

They've been friends for decades, one whole decade, as it was 1980 and they met in 1970.

He loved her for years, his heart shattered anytime she had got a boyfriend.

They were eachothers first kiss in primary school, yet they were too young to think anything of it.

He was now so deep into his mind in love with Rosie that now, he was deep in the depths of love.

Jerry, now Jerry thought of Steve as a brother, a cool dude, saw nothing over the glazed eyes that Steve had for Rosie.

Rosie had a rough time with boyfriends- she thought Jerry was the one; but she was so wrong.
..

Rosie came walking up the porch steps, tears flooding her eyes like the ocean.

She was distraught, shaken up, scared.

She only knew to go to steve. She knew nobody else who would've cared to open the door for a second with her.

She softly knocked on the door with her shivering hand, the cold rain hitting her back lightly.

The wind blew in the night, sending chills through her body as she patiently wanted for the door to open.

She knocked again, only to get a groan from the other side.

"I'm on my fuckin' way!"

Instead of yelling at the person, steve immediately saw it was Rosie, a worry hitting him like a brick.

"Rosie?" He quietly called, looking at her damped hair and shivering body.

"I-" she starts, only to be choked back by a cry, "I'm, I'm sorry! Jer- Jerry, he's, uhm."

Steve furrowed his eyebrows together, confused by her worring.

"What did he do? Did he hurt you?"

She swallows the cries, softly nodding her head.

Steve had a feeling of rage, anger, and worry wave over him, pulling Rosie in by her shoulder for a tight hug.

She cried hard, the tears pouring out of her eyes.

Steve closes the door, the shivering girl in his arms as he coo's her, trying to clam down the sobbs.

"Shh, love, it's gonna be okay, you're with me."

Steve was wondering what happened but didn't want to rush her into telling him something she wasn't ready to.

"How about.." Steve starts, lifting the weeping girl from his chest, "you change out of the wet clothes, I'll make you tea, and we can talk about it."

"If you want, of course."

She looked into his eyes, his darling blue eyes that she loved so much.

"That would be darling," she weakly smiled.

"Go pick out what you want from my clothes, I'll make some tea, sound good, Rosie?"

She nodded, rubbing her puffy red eyes as she let go of Steve, walking to his room.