chris cornell - christmas

Context - Chris and Charlotte's moms are best friends, leaving the two forced to be together.

---- Girls Name - Charlotte Brunson

SOMETIMES, I REALLY HATED Christmas.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I loved the joyfully and happy time- but I hated the part where we spend it with my moms best friends.

As a kid, I had a fat crush on chris- our moms swore we'd get married one day.

I still liked him in middle school, but as high school went on, I started parting ways with him, and when he dropped out to help his mom- it drove a wege.

I'm still in high school, so he would've still been to if he hadn't dropped out.

This Meaning, I still have to see him during the holidays.

He was still cute, maybe even better, which didn't help.

"Charlotte, hunny, are you ready?" My mom yelled from down the hall.

I was thankful for when I got older. My mom didn't make me wear dresses or fancy things during Christmas. I mean, it was 9am in the damn morning.

So instead of dressed, I decided to wear blue jeans and a red sweater, classic but good.

It was sortve snowing out, so it was cold.

I grabbed my purse and shut the light off as I went down the hall to my mom.

"I'm ready, mom."

"Oh good!" My mom smiled, "Help me with these boxes!"

She had 4 cardboard large boxes filled with presents.

She went over board.

My mom grabbed 2 as I grabbed one so I could open everything.

We made our way outside, sliding the boxes in the trunk and getting the other one from inside.

And she also brought food, and lots of food.

The minute I got into the car, I saw wine under the seat.

"Mom," I called as she got into the cat, "is that wine?"

My mom giggled like a teenage girl, "we got to have our fun too."

"Mom!" I laughed as she drove away from the driveway.

"What!"
----
At Chris's house
----

"Karen!" My mom smiled, reaching for a hug.

"Bethany!" Karen smiled.

Both my mom and Chris's mom got divorced when chris and I were in our early teens, so Christmas together weren't a bad thing- mosty cause I'm an only child.

"I have food and presents in the car!" My mom announced.

"Here, I'll have my sons get them." Karen smiled.

She called her sons down, including chris, who went out and grabbed everything.

I was decently close to his sister Katy, Maggie, and Suzy, his brother Peter and Patrick. I didn't know too well.

Chris was last to inside. Unfortunately, I turned and saw him, and he made direct contact.

"Chris! Why don't you and Charlotte go up to your room while I and her mom get the presents together?"

He shrugged, signaling me to follow him to his room.

I followed him to his room, sitting on his desk chair when I did get to the room.

"My bad for the mess," he mumbled, kicking things under his bed.

"It's fine, doesn't bother me."

He hummed, sitting on his bed, "You can sit on my bed, you know."

"I'm okay."

He sighed, "Why do u pretend all the time?"

"Huh?"

I was shocked by his sudden words, pretend?

"I know you like me, Charlotte. I've known since we were 13."

"Doesn't matter now."

He looked confused, "what do you mean."

"We're not friends, chris. we haven't talked since your birthday, and you barely even intract."

"I know," he sighed, "that's my fault."

"How?"

"I've been focusing on music more, I mean, it keeps me sain."

"I get that, I guess," I shrugged.

"Since you know, what good does it do?"

Chris smiled, "A date. But not a date as in go somewhere, a date in where you just come over."

"Deal."

----
Chris and Charlotte ended up getting together a couple months later, and staying together.
----

----
Short again