6.The Yagna

Daksh

Today is the day of yagna. I cursed myself for not inviting her. I was so lost in her that I forgot to invite her. I got ready and came downstairs.

I took blessings from my parents, Kakas and Kakis. 

"Maa sa is not here so we should ask phalguni to cross check once before the yagna." My maa said.

I nodded a yes and we went to the temple.

We reached to the cave where phalguni lives. 

She came out and we took blessings from her.

"Don't worry she will be there." Phalguni said looking at me with a smile on her face.

Is she saying Chaitra will be there?

"Who phalguni?" Surekha chachi asked.

"The future of our kingdom. The would-be-Queen and Daksh's soulmate. She will be present in todays puja." Phalguni replied.

"The aahuthi will be passed to Daksh by her. She will bring prosperity, peace and health to the family and kingdom." Phalguni said with a happy tone.

I can see happiness on my family members faces.

We reached the temple with phalguni.

I changed into my traditional puja attire.

My eyes are searching for her. Suddenly I felt a cool breeze touching me. I don't have to look back to confirm. It's her.

She is wearing a green saree. What's with this girl and sarees? She will be my death one day.

 What's with this girl and sarees? She will be my death one day

She was so busy with  her friends to notice any of us. The yagna started and the priests from various parts of the country are reading the sacred mantras. After few hours the yagna is completed and it's time for purnahuthi. 

Aakansha who is bringing purnahuthi tripped and was about to fall when hand held her and the other  purnahuthi. It was Chaitra. She held Aakansha with her left hand and purnahuthi with her right. 

Aakansha handed over the purnahuthi to me with Chaitra still holding it. 

I offered the Purnahuthi and the lunch is served to everyone who came there.