27. You can't do that!

Chaitra

I asked him to take me out to talk to him. I know I am ready to get married as he is the only person I want to marry. I made him wait for enough time now. I want to spend some time with him before he leaves for Rajasthan. I am loving spending time with him. I am loving every damn thing about him. The way he looks at me, the way he smiles, the way his eyes soften while looking at me, the way he holds me like I am some fragile doll, the way he always gives importance to my choices and feelings, everything about him is making me more and more attracted to him.

He found his way to my heart and made me fall for him. Hard!

I was bought back to the world when vadina shook me breaking my trance. 

"I want to eat ice cream!" She said pouting. Pregnancy hormones I guess.

"Flavour?" I asked taking my bag.

"Black current!" She chirped making me snap my head towards her in utter shock. She used to hate it.

"You hated it?" I stated or maybe questioned.

"I am craving for it. Now, go get it." She said, literally pushing me out of my own room. I walked down shaking my head.

The boys went swimming leaving us behind saying they want some boys' time. Now, my sweet vadina is showing tantrums to me.

I took the keys and started driving to the parlor to get the black current ice cream as vadina asked. I parked my car and went in. After placing the order I sat at a table scrolling through Instagram when I sensed someone standing close to me. 

I lifted my head and saw Gautham one of my schoolmates standing there with his hands in his pockets and smiling at me. I returned the smile and I returned the smile.

"Hey!" He said bringing his hand forward and I muttered a hi taking it. The way he held it felt uncomfortable so I pulled my hand back.

"I heard you are getting married?" He exclaimed and I couldn't decipher his emotions. Why does he sound more angry than surprised?

"I am!" I replied with a smile remembering Daksh. I don't want to hide it anymore.

"Why?" He asked raging with anger. Why the hell is he angry if I am getting married?

"Because I want to and my fiance is the one for me?" I questioned back. I am really not getting what's his problem with me getting married. We were not that friendly in school too!

"No, you deserve someone like me! I love you!" He announced and I stood there utterly shocked with his confession. He loves me? And why the hell I didn't know that? And why is he confessing now? 

"Sorry Goutham, but I am getting married!" I announced and was about to walk away when he held me by the wrist and pulled me to him. I stopped inches away from him. I glared at him but he stood unaffected.

"Leave my hand!" I hissed not wanting to create a drama.

"You can't marry him. You don't love him!" He announced with so much confidence. 

"And you know that?" I asked pulling my hand away from his grip. Why the hell does he think I don't love Daksh? I am unsure about my feelings but I am very much sure about marrying him. I know I will fall for him for sure and he is my forever.

"Yes! You take decisions real quick. Be it your school, friends, major, or anything. But you took more than a month to accept him! It means you are just convincing yourself to be with him. You don't actually want to marry him!" He said making me scoff.

"I took time to decide it. And I was confused about him at first. But not because I am not sure of his love or intentions. I doubted myself if I would ever be able to love him as much as he does! And I took time because I am going to share my entire life with him. The previous decisions you mentioned to me would have only affected me if they went wrong. But, this would affect both of us and I don't want him to feel even a little sad because of me once he becomes part of my life. So, I was making sure that I will not hurt him. So, I hope you leave us alone!" I said and took my bag to walk away but he again blocked my way. What the hell is wrong with this man?

"I am not going to leave you Chaitra! I am not!" He said caressing my cheek, I squatted away his hand and went to the counter to collect my order. I took many other flavors just in case she changes her mind.

"Vadina!" I yelled as soon as I entered and found her in the theatre room watching Happy Days!

"Do you want me to bring your ice cream here?" I asked and she nodded positively. I took the ice cream out and served it in a bowl. I took it to her and I was about to sit beside her when she scrunched her nose in disgust and looked at me. 

Now what?

"I want mango flavor!" She announced keeping the bowl away.

"But you said you wanted black current?" I expressed my shock.

"But now I want mango!" She announced huffing. I went back to get mango for her. Thank god I bought all the flavors!

After changing from mango to strawberry, vanilla, butterscotch, and coconut she finally settled with chocolate!

"Anything else?" I asked finally sitting and she shook her head no.

"Thank god!" I muttered to myself and sighed.

"Chaitra, I am missing your brother!" She said lying in my lap. I called annayya massaging her head.

"Annayya, vadina wants you back here!" I said over the call and he was back in 30 minutes. 

"What are my babies doing?" He asked kissing both of our foreheads.

"Missing you!" Vadina said hugging his torso while he smiled and kissed her cheeks making her go red. 

"I am leaving!Bye!" I said and scurried away giving them some space. 

I went to my room and tried calling Daksh but his phone was off. Why is his phone off? Is he busy? I thought to myself and got ready to go out with him. Hours passed but he never came. 

Is he safe?

Lots of questions started raising in my mind and I was pacing around my room like a pendulum. 

Where the hell is this man? 

I huffed and sat down and after staring at the clock for one more hour I decided to call Abhi and ask him. I dialed his number and he picked up after a few rings.

"Abhi, where is your brother?" I asked as soon as I heard him saying 'hello'.

The reply he gave made me go numb. He can't do that! Why did he do that?

 He can't do that! Why did he do that?