30. Birthday

Daksh

I was shocked to see her in my room will is an understatement. When I noticed the movement I thought it was some enemies or my stupid best friends but never in my wildest imagination would I have guessed it was her.

She said she was here to wish me well. Our proximity is doing things to me and I can feel her heartbeat rising too. Her cheeks turned red and her chest touched mine with every intake of breath she took. I was lost in her eyes for a while. When we sat straight and tried to control our rising hearts a knock on the door interrupted us. My family is here to wish me well.

When she realized it she ran into my closet and closed the door. I chuckled at her and opened the door letting everyone in. They all wished me well and were about to leave when Naksh asked Chaitras' mom about her.

"Aunty, where is Chaitra?" He asked and everyone looked at her expectantly. 

"I dropped her at her friends' place. She wanted to spend some time with them. She will be back in the morning." I replied. I just hope they will buy my lie.

"This girl! Didn't even think of informing. What should I do about her carelessness?" Aunty started shaking her head.

"Aunty, she asked me to inform you. It was me who forgot it." I said instantly and she nodded her head. All of them left after a while and I went to the closet.

"They left. You can come out now." I said and she opened the door. She sat on the bed with a pout. What happened to her now?

"What happened?" I asked sitting beside her.

"I wanted to wish you first but now everyone wished you except me." She huffed. She's such a cutie. I ruffled her hair. She gave me a boring look.

"Seema said on the birthday only the first and last wished person will be remembered. I will wish you the last today." She squealed happily.

"No matter when you wish your wishes will always be special mi amore!" I replied and she blushed looking down.

"But I decided and that's it." She stated and got up from the bed and I followed the cue. She hugged me before leaving the room leaving me in a shocked state.

Within 10 minutes she came back and sat on the couch. She gave me an irritated look making me chuckle.

"What happened now Chaithu?" I asked sitting beside her on the couch.

"Vadina is sleeping in my room and now I can't go back there." She deadpanned and rested her head on my shoulder. I am loving how she is behaving with me now. 

"Then you can sleep here. You take the bed and I will sleep on the couch." I said and she shook her head negatively. 

"No, the couch will be uncomfortable for your height. You take the bed." She replied sighing.

"But I can't let you sleep here uncomfortably," I replied and she sighed again. She spoke after a while.

"Let's share the bed. It's big enough to accommodate both of us." She announced and pulled me up with her.

"Are you comfortable with it?" I asked. I don't want her to feel uncomfortable in any way. 

"I am. Are you?" She asked raising a brow. 

"Comfortable? I love being close to you Chaitra!" I replied and she laid down and covered herself with a quilt and I did the same. Soon, we both dozed off.

The next morning when I woke up, I witnessed the most beautiful sight of my life.  Chaitra is sleeping peacefully snuggling into my pillow with a pout. Her hair is falling on her face blocking my view. I tugged the strands behind her ear and she opened her eyes slowly.

"Good morning!" She wished me with a smile that made my morning a beautiful one. I want to have it every morning. She beside me and her sweet voice wishing me morning. 

"Good morning!" I replied and got down from my bed and she too followed. She went back to her room before someone woke up and I got ready for my day. 

I took blessings from God and then from all the elders

I took blessings from God and then from all the elders. The youngsters along with Akash, Bindu, Devansh, and Hithen wished me. All the while my eyes were searching for her. We all took our seats at the dining table.

"Good morning!" we heard a voice and turned to see her walking toward us adjusting her dupatta. She took blessings from everyone and took a seat beside her sister-in-law.

 She took blessings from everyone and took a seat beside her sister-in-law

"When will your meeting end beta?" Papa asked sipping his coffee. She looked at me expectantly.

"By noon Papa. I will be back after that." I replied and he nodded. Breakfast was a silent affair after that. I left for my office and had a meeting. As said to Papa, I was back home by noon. Nithi di was busy with party preparations along with Aakansha and Akshaya. Chaitra was helping them. I checked some documents while Rohan had a meeting. Abhishek and Rounak along with Rakshith went to market as the ladies ordered them to bring something. 

"Mr. Chauhan, when are you going to keep that file down?" Chaitra asked looking at me expectantly with her hands on her waist.

Cute!

"Just a few more pages!" I replied smiling. She took the file from my hands and placed it on the table. If anyone had done this, they would be facing my anger but it's her and she is an exception.

"Please na! I want something from you!" She whined cutely. I turned my chair aside and joined my hands on the armrest. She came and stood in front of me. 

"What is it, sweetheart?" I asked and she fidgeted with her fingers before answering.

"Let's go out at night na! I want to say you something." She said with her eyes cast down and a blush covering her lips.

"Sure!" I replied and she squealed happily. 

"Thank you! We will leave after everyone sleeps." She whispered and ran away from there. I smiled looking at her excitement and concentrated back on my work.