8. I want to marry her!

Chaitra

It's Seema's sister's marriage in four days and we are in her home at present. We came here yesterday night as Seema wanted us to be here at any cost. At first, I felt it weird to come four days ahead to my best friend's sister's marriage but Seema didn't bulge. I had to agree at last. Her parents are so sweet and I didn't feel any discomfort as we both stayed for quite a few times at each other's homes. 

Right now I am helping Seema's cousins along with my other two stupid best friends to plan a surprise date for Maithili di and her would-be husband. We are currently sitting on the terrace of their home and planning. It's night time and the sky is filled with stars making it more beautiful.

Abhishek along with Rakshit, Aakansha, and Akshaya reached here in the evening and we all became really close due to that event. Abhishek and Rakshit are in my class but we didn't speak much earlier as I always handled technical and cultural events while they both handled sports and other stuff. This event forced us to talk more than we used to and I am thankful for that may be in the final year of my college but I got cool friends and great juniors.

"What's the plan?" Seema asked Nishal one of her cousins.

We all discussed our ideas and fixed one.

"But who will get them out of here?" Mayank asked as we are planning to set up a date outside.

All eyes looked at me and I understood what they meant.

"No! I am not doing that! Aunty will kill me. And your jiju's grandma she will eat me alive if she comes to know I got them to meet before marriage!" I said looking at Seema.

"Please!" All of them whined together showing me their best puppy eyes.

"No!" I started running from them as I know very well that they will not leave me alone until I agree.

Daksh

I came back from the office after a tiring day. I went straight to my room and freshen up. I came down to spend some time with my crazy siblings.

"Bhagya aunty where are they?" I asked looking at our head cook who was chopping carrots.

"Lawn!" She said with a smile which I returned and went to the lawn. 

Today only Nithi di, Rohan, Ronak, Maitri, and Naksh are there as the remaining people left for the wedding. It seems like they are all trying to control their laugh looking at Maitri but why?

"Maitri stop sulking like a kid!" Rohan said and got a glare from her. 

"Maitri seriously! You are reacting too much!" Nithi di spoke getting irritated by the situation.

"Really bhabi? You forgot what you did when Bhai went on a college trip without you as you were having a fever? You sulked a whole week and made him write sorry for 1000 times." Maitri replied earning a glare from Di but everyone else started laughing looking at both of them. I walked to them and took my place.

"What's happening here?" I asked looking at sulking Maitri, angry Di (due to what Maitri said), Rohan, Ronak, and Naksh trying hard to control their laughs.

"Where's Divya?" I asked Naksh.

"She's got some important job." He replied.

"Bhai!" Maitri spoke in her sweet tone which she uses when she wants something.

"What behena(sister)?" Rohan asked clearly knowing she is going to ask something.

"Call him na!" She said forwarding his phone to him.

"You should have gone with them." I replied looking at her.

"She could have if she had submitted her project on time!" Nithi di said in a mocking tone. 

Maitri was not permitted to go as she didn't submit her project due to which her dad didn't permit her to go until she does it.

"Bhai please call them na!" She said with glossy eyes.

"Let's Facetime them. Go get the laptop." Naksh said unable to see her sad.

"You are the best! Better than my brother!" She screamed and ran in to get her laptop.

She came back with laptop within a few seconds.

Naksh placed the laptop on the table and called Abhi through Skype.

"Hey everyone!" Abhi said answering the call.

"Hey, Abhi!" We all replied with the same smile that he was having.

"What's going on there? What's Rakshit doing?" Maitri asked getting excited.

"Despo! Wait let me call everyone!" Abhi answered which made all of us laugh at Maitri. Soon everyone joined him. 

"No... No... I'm not going to do that!" came a voice from the background which made me move closer to the laptop.

"What's that voice?" Nithi di asked.

"Oh! They are all after Chaitra di to help them in a plan." Aakansha replied.

"Look... I am too young to die in the hands of that Mrs. Strict grandma of yours!" She yelled again and we fell into fits of laughing at her antics.

"Abhi show her!" I said without noticing the people who are staring at me as if I have grown two heads.

Abhi turned the laptop with a small smile playing on his lips.

There she is running here and there with people following her. Her hair is left open and is flying freely with the air.

"Chaithu please help us!" Seema said running to catch her but she came and hid behind Akshaya. 

"No! I can't die before living my love story and not for a date for sure!" She replied still from behind Akshaya.

"Chaithu please!" someone else spoke this time.

"What Chaithu, please? You want me to lie to that angry grandma? See I can't risk my life for other's date when I didn't have a date of my own still now!" She declared.

"Chaithu stop acting like a kid and help us and about your date, I will plan one for you!" Seema spoke in an angry tone.

"Fine, I will help you! But you don't need to plan my date! He will!" She declared finally coming out.

But who's going to plan a date for her? She can't go on a date with anyone else. I can't even bare the thought of her going out with someone else.

"Who?" everyone over there shouted at once making her close her ears and eyes.

She slowly opened her one eye at first and then opened both her eyes and removed hands from her ears.

"My would-be husband!" She announced and stuck out her tongue.

"You are saying as if he is listening to you and will plan it. Do you even know him?" Seema deadpanned.

"He might not be listening but he will plan it." 

I am listening, Chaitra and I will plan hundreds of dates for us in the future. You will always get what you want and that's a promise!

"Now let me go and talk to your mom first. Hope I can convince her." She left from there after that.

"I want to marry her!" I said with a small smile on my lips unaware of what was coming out of my mouth.

All my family members are looking at me in utmost shock.

"Bhai... Bhai.." Ronak shook me a little.

"Ha!" I said finally coming out of my trance.

"What? You want to marry whom?" Nithi di asked still confused.

"Chaitra! I love her!" I said and stood up.

"What?" Everyone yelled at the same time.

"What what? I love her and I want to marry her!" I declared and left from there leaving them in utter shock.