40. Punishment time

Daksh

 I convinced Di that we would organize a big party once she gave birth and she could enjoy it as much as she wanted. I also told her that preponing wouldn't do any good as she would be still in her first trimester and she should be more careful during that time, so it would be better when we get married during her second trimester which would be less risky to both her and Bindu bhabi as she would also be in the second trimester at that time. 

After convincing her we both were about to walk in when I saw Chaitra with my friends. They were laughing like mad and she was looking at them dumbfounded. I and Di walked to them out of curiosity. I stood behind them and My Jaan was the first to notice us. Rohan and Naksh continued to badmouth me and she was making vail attempts to make them aware of our presence.

At last, she said them directly and they both ran in different directions making excuses. My kitten was about to run away when I held her wrist stopping her. She looked at us scared and said it was not her fault. My scared Kitten.

It was the first time I initiated something. I was scared of her reaction but she neither pushed me away nor got uncomfortable. Her cheeks turned red due to blushing, heartbeats quickened and goosebumps erupted on her body making me smirk at the effect I have on her. To be frank she has the same effect on me and I know that she knew it too.

If it was not for that damn phone call I had no intentions to leave her. It was important to take that call so I left her half-heartedly. I kissed her hands and mouthed a  love you at which she blushed hard and ran away from there.

I talked to my secretary for some time about the deal and walked in once I was done. I saw Chaitra sitting there with the younger generation talking god knows what. I cleared my throat and they all sat straight immediately. She looked at me and we had an eye-lock for a brief moment which she broke looking down.

"I will drop you at your college after breakfast," I said and she nodded her head.

"No problem Bhai sa. We will take her with us." Abhi said making me roll my eyes at his helping nature. Who asked him to open his mouth? I want to take her with me and I will.

"Have you filled out the application form for your internship and submitted it?" I asked raising my brow at him and I knew he didn't, for a fact.

"No, but I will do that later." He replied in a low tone. I glared at him and he walked away mumbling 'I made a mistake offering help'.

I looked at Chaitra who was looking at me with her eyes wide open. I gestured her towards the dining table with my eyes and she got up and walked there followed by me. We all had our breakfast and the youngsters left for the college before us. 

We both settled in the car and I started driving to her college. This will be her last semester. I know that she is very much excited about it.

"Did you fill out the form?" I asked her after a while and she looked at me with wide eyes like a scared kitten. It means she didn't.

"Why?" I asked in a neutral tone and she started assaulting the hem of her dress. I bit my inner cheeks to stop myself from chuckling. She gave me her puppy eyes and started speaking.

"I don't want people to talk bad about you that you are bestowing favors upon me and I want to achieve this internship with my skills." She said in a low tone and looked at me with a pleading look.

I ruffled her hair to which she gave me a pointed look mumbling 'I have to fix my hair again' and started setting her hair looking into the mirror.

"No one has the guts to question my decision and about bestowing favors upon you, you will be attending an interview like all the other candidates and you will be assessed like them. I am not going to interfere in the recruitment process at all." I said and she gave me a sweet smile.