11. Reception

Chaitra

We enjoyed ourselves a lot in the sangeet. But what he did left me shocked to the core. But why didn't I get angry? Why did it feel so right? What are you doing to me, Mr. Chauhan? 

I tossed and turned on my bed for hours before finally sleep engulfing me. 

Tomorrow it's wedding and then I have to go back to college. I have to write those stupid exams which will start in a week! Ughh!

I woke up with my friend's continuous ranting. 

"Chaitu! Get up!" Seema was continuously shouting. I looked at the clock. It's still 5 am.

"What's your problem idiot? It's 5 in the morning!" I groaned covering my face with a pillow.

"Chaithu! Get up and help me or else Mom, mainly that grandma will kill me today!" She pulled the pillow and duvet off me. The cold breeze hit me making me shiver. What's wrong with this idiot?

"What?" I asked getting up and rubbing my eyes. She better have a valid reason for disturbing my sleep or else I am going to kill her.

"I forgot to bring Di's wedding dress from the boutique yesterday!" She exclaimed. 

"What?" I  screamed. How can she forget that? Is she mad or what? Who forgets to bring a wedding dress and remembers it at 5 in the morning? My stupid friend! Who else!

"Yes! Come let's go get it!" She said pulling me up. 

"First call the boutique! I will go get ready by then!" I said and walked into the bathroom while she called the boutique. I don't want to stroll in front of a closed boutique like a thief early in the morning. 

We both walked out without catching anyone's attention. We came out and tried to hail a cab but no one accepts our ride. Just great! First, this idiot friend of mine woke me up at 5 and now we are standing in the dew at 5:30. Can this day get any worse? I woke up half an hour ago and I am already hating the day.

"Chaithu! Please do something! We can't be late! Mom will kill me!" She screamed pacing here and there like a mad woman.

"You deserve it." I replied standing there folding my hands. This cold is becoming unbearable now. I wish I can go back and just cover myself in my warm and comfortable duvet but I can't leave this idiot alone to face everyone's wrath. 

"Chaithu yaar! You can scold me all you want after we return. But please help me now!" She pleaded giving me her best puppy eyes which work almost every time. 

"Let's call Mayank!" I said hoping they would take us to the boutique. I didn't see them since yesterday. Don't tell me those two idiots ran away to have fun leaving me alone with this crazy friend of mine. 

"They are not here! Mom sent them to get something when you went to get ready!" She replied. Wow, now we are officially doomed. Not having any option left I decided to call Abhi. He answered after 2 rings.

"Hello!" He answered.

"Hey, Abhi! Are you free?" I asked biting my lower lip. what an intelligent question to ask at 6 a.m! I thought to myself.

"Yeah! Why?" He asked in a sleepy voice. Great! Another sleep was destroyed because of this friend of mine forgetting to do her work.

"Woh... we have to reach somewhere immediately. We can't find cabs and no car is free! Can you please take us there?" I asked closing my eyes. I really didn't want to disturb someone early in the morning but I had no choice.

"Okay! I'll be there!" He replied and cut the call. 

We stood there for a few more minutes as he is staying in a hotel along with his family. He and his family shifted to the hotel after his other family members came.