32. Double Good news!

Daksh

We came back and sneaked into our respective rooms after wishing each other good night. Todays' scenes came into my mind. I am delighted that she is ready to get married to me. I thought she would say no to me and ran away but she was planning to say that she was ready to get married. I touched the place where she kissed me and traced my fingers there. A smile crept on my face remembering how she jumped up and down to reach my height to kiss me. I would have definitely bent down if I had the slightest idea of what she was going to do. It was a sweet shock to me. I let sleep take over me with her thoughts.

I woke up and got ready. We have an announcement to make. I walked out of my room and bumped into Naksh. 

"Why do you look so happy?" Naksh asked raising a brow.

"She agreed!" I replied with a smile. He gave me a confused look and when realization drew upon him he squealed like a girl. Dramatic idiot.

"When are you getting married?" He asked in his over-excited tone.

"After 5 months. But we will get engaged soon. By the way, where is Rohan?" I asked him.

"He said Nithi di was not feeling well for the last few days. He took her to the hospital. Divya is with them,"  he replied and I nodded. We both went down and sat for breakfast.  We all had our breakfast and sat in the living room.

"Nanna, I... I mean I and Daksh have something to say," Chaitra said fidgeting with her fingers. Akash gave her hand a reassuring smile. She gestured for me to say with her eyes.

"We..." Before I could complete Rohan and Nithi walked in along with Divya.

"Mumma, Papa..." Nithi Di shouted from the door. 

"Why are you shouting Di?" Aakansha asked rolling her eyes at Nithi di.  Di ignored her and went to Maa and hugged her.

"Mumma, Papa, Mom, Dad, you are all going to be grandparents!" Di and Rohan announced at the same time. It felt like Deja vu. Last time it was Bindu who got pregnant and this time it's Di.  Everyone exchanged congratulations and Akansha and Akshaya squealed like kids. 

Chaitra congratulated Di and Rohan with a hug after me and she mouthed a congratulation to me too to which I mouthed a thank you in return.

"Guys, guys, I have a news too!" I grabbed everyones' attention and they all looked at me curiously.

"I and Chaitra decided to get married on the second muhurat," I announced and some faces lit up while some others gave a look like it was too long.

"But, we decided to get engaged in a month," I completed and they squealed in joy. Everyone congratulated us. The reaction that shocked me was of her brothers. I expected them to ask a lot of questions but they just congratulated us. After that, all the elders went away with Nithi Di while the youngsters took Chaitra with them leaving me and her brothers.

"Where are you lost, Daksh?" Akash asked me.

"How come you agreed with our decision easily?" I asked looking at three of them.

"She already talked to us before coming to Jodhpur. She said her decision to us on the day your marriage dates got fixed." Devansh replied while Akash and Hithen nodded positively.

"So, you are happy with it?" I asked again. I know they care for her a lot.

"Very much! We support her in her every decision. Even if she makes a wrong decision we will make it right for her." Akash said looking at her with a smile, who is talking to my brothers and sisters.

"If you both are done being creeps staring at my sister can we go to our jobs?" Dev asked me and Akash and we all left for our respective work.

Evening

I reached home from my work and entered my room to freshen up. I took a relaxing shower and sat on the couch taking out my phone to go through a few emails. I heard a knock on the door and looked up to find Chaitra standing there clutching the hem of her dupatta. A smile made its way to my lips seeing her.

"Come here," I said spreading my hands and she approached me in slow steps and stood in front of me. She seemed nervous and was contemplating whether to say something or not. I got up from my place and made her sit on the couch. I sat beside her and took her hands in mine.

"What is it? Is something bothering you?" I asked in a slow tone trying to make her comfortable.

"Woh... my college is going to start in a week. " She said and I nodded asking her to continue.

"I have to complete my assignments and I realized it just now that I... I kinda suck at the documentation. I am unable to do that stupid justification even after trying 100 times. Everyone else is busy with their partners, Abhi and Rakshith are doing their work. Akansha and Akshaya are not here either. So..." She trailed off huffing.

"So?" I asked raising her chin and making her look at me.

"Help me!" She asked giving me her puppy eyes.

"I know you just came back and must be tired. I didn't want to disturb you I sware. But everyone else is busy and I have to submit it by tomorrow. If you are tired I will figure something out. I mean if you are busy or want to rest.." I silenced her placing my index finger on her lips. Her eyes widened and a blush crept on her cheeks. Her lips parted a little and some magical aura surrounded us making us forget about everything else and just drown in each other's eyes.

Our trance broke when a notification popped up in my mobile. 

"I will help you. And I want you to come to me first when you need some help which I can do. Even if I don't know it I will try to figure something out. Okay?" I asked and she nodded like an obedient kid. I removed my finger from her lips.

"Will you come to me if you need help?" She mumbled slowly making me chuckle.

"Of course, I will Jaan! We are going to be husband and wife. We are going to share our life then why wouldn't I come to my wife for help when I want help? I want us to help each other and learn from each other." I said honestly and she nodded slowly. 

"I will go get my laptop!" She said and dashed out after kissing my cheek.

She came back after a while and I looked at her document. I must say it was very well written and she explained everything very well. The only thing missing was justification and header, footers. I did those in a few minutes while she keenly observed me sitting beside me.

"Done!" I said saving the document and closed the laptop.

"Daksh?" She called me and I hummed in response turning towards her.

"Will you help in my subjects if I need help?" She asked and I nodded with a smile.

"How did I get the best fiance?" She asked throwing her arms around my shoulders hugging me. I chuckled at her and kissed her hair. We stayed like that for a few moments and parted away.

She left after some time asking me to come down for dinner.