68. Fire in the rain

Daksh

As we both walked in, Maa sa announced one more 

rule of staying in different parts of the palace. Chaitra will be in the north wing while our family will be staying in the east wing. The guests will be staying in the south and west wings as the north and east wings were specifically reserved for immediate family members. 

I was about to protest but Chaitra stopped me from doing so and I got quite pissed at it. How can she be so cool about it? I mean it's not a big deal but then again, she should at least feel bad, right? I had to leave the day after her proposal and we are meeting today after 15 long days but she is okay with staying far away from me. She was all smiling when they talked about the arrangements. Didn't she miss me in these 14 days like I did? I am not asking to have her in my room but at least we can stay in the opposite rooms, right? But no, everyone has to become an obstacle in my romance, and my fiancee too should support them.

I walked to my room and indulged myself in the office work, the same work I decided to skip a while ago to spend time with my Jaan. 10 minutes into work, I heard a knock on the door. I was not in a mood to talk to anyone but thinking it might be important, I dragged myself to the door and opened it. There stood my Jaan smiling sheepishly at me.

"If you have forgotten, your room is on the other side," I shrugged and was about to close the door but she pushed me and entered.

"Are you angry with me?" She asked, her eyes cast down and her hands fumbling with each other. I had to bite my inner cheek to stop myself from smiling at her cuteness. No matter how angry I get, I can never resist her cuteness.

"No!" I deadpanned and walked to my bed and sat there taking my laptop. I was about to open it but it was shut halfway by my Jaan who pouted at me with her cute eyes giving me a pleading look.

"What Chaitra? Let me work," I deliberately called her Chaitra to see her reaction, and her eyes widened in shock after hearing her name from me after a long time. Her widened eyes turned into a glare as she pushed me back onto the bed and sat on my stomach with her hands pressed to my chest.

"What did you say? I am not Chaitra. I am Jaan, I mean I am Jaan for you, your Jaan. Call me Jaan," She demanded as she pressed me more onto the mattress sitting on my stomach. I held her waist and moved her a little back and her eyes widened in shock as she realized what she was doing. 

"Do you still want to keep doing it?" I husked as I drew circles on her slender waist. She shuddered under my touch and a small gasp slipped past her lips as she leaned onto me. I pulled her completely onto me in a lying position and hugged her petite form to my body and she placed her head in the crook of my neck testing my control.

"I am just hurt, Jaan. I was dying to spend time with you and you seemed to be okay with staying far from me," I complained and she shook her head denying it.

"No, Aksh. Even I want to spend time with you. But your fighting wouldn't have changed Maa sa's decision and on top of that, we would be teased by them. That was why I stopped you. Please, let it slide na, Aksh. I will come to meet you every morning until our wedding." She pleaded placing small kisses on my cheeks and I nodded with a smile. It was just a little bickering which shouldn't be dragged much.

"You promised me a date tomorrow," I reminded her. 

"And you are mine for the entire day tomorrow," I declared. I am not going to share her time with anyone tomorrow. She is going to spend her entire day with me. Only me!

"I am yours for this lifetime and the upcoming 6, Aksh," Her reply made me roll us over. She is now lying under me and I am caging her between me and the bed. She looked up at me with those cute doe eyes and her lips parted a little as she breathed through her mouth. I rubbed my finger on her lip and her chest touched mine as it heived up and down.