18. Back to home

Daksh

I came back after a tiring day at work. All the seniors went to Hyderabad yesterday. We stayed back to finalize a deal. I, Ronak, and Rohan had to attend the meeting and Naksh had surgery to do. Abhishek and Rakshit had an exam so we all youngsters stayed back. Papa and others had to attend a function in Hyderabad so they left early.

I walked in with my blazer resting on my arm and the first two buttons of my shirt undone. All eyes turned to me as soon as I walked in. Abhishek and Rakshith are having naughty smiles on their faces while the others are staring at me with accusing eyes.

"What's up, guys?" I asked taking a seat on the sofa in the living room lying back and trying to relax a little.

"That's unfair!" Nithi di said pointing a finger at Abhi who was smirking.

"What's unfair di? We just had lunch with our classmates!" He said grinning ear to ear. What are they talking about?

"Even though we study in the same college why weren't we invited to your lunch plans?" Maitri said pouting at Rakshith. 

"You are our juniors, babe! We can't invite juniors for every plan right?" He answered shrugging his shoulders.

"Then why was he invited?" Naksh asked pointing a finger at me. Where was I invited? About whom these people are arguing this much?

"No one invited him! He came to meet his fiancee and her friend invited him to have lunch. Even he was not invited later." Abhi said shrugging his shoulders. Did they have lunch after that too?

"Did you go out after that day?" I asked raising a brow at my brothers ignoring the gaze of others at me.

"They went out for lunch after every exam!" Aakansha exclaimed pouting like a kid.

"We didn't meet her once properly and these idiots are partying with her daily! " Nithi di said hitting Rakshith's head who is sitting beside her.

"Because she is our classmate and friend!" He said getting irritated by my dramatic siblings.

"Why did you go to meet her?" Rohan asked scooting closer to me.

"I thought she was stressed due to her exam as she didn't get any time to prepare for her first exam. I just went to check upon her." I said shrugging my shoulders. My phone went off. It's Chaitra's dad. 

I started panicking like a kid who is going to school for the first time. I felt like I am going to give a presentation for the first time. The Daksh Chauhan who commands thousands of employees is sweating to answer a simple call from her father. I tried to calm down my nerves and answered the call.

"Hello, Uncle!" I said as soon as I answered the call.

He asked me to bring Chaitra with me after exchanging pleasantries and talking for some time. I walked back to my family with a broad smile.

"Did you crack a big deal? Why are you smiling like a moron?" Naksh asked as soon as I took a seat between him and Rohan.

"But he doesn't smile even when he cracks deals," Rohan replied nonchalantly. 

"Who called you bhai?" Ronak asked to which I just smiled more.

"Chaithu di?" Akshaya asked raising a brow to which I nodded no.

"It's her dad and don't call her Di!" I warned her. How can my sister call her Di? She is changing our relationship!

"Oooo" Everyone started hooting which I ignored and went to my room to get ready. I am done in 15 minutes and came down. Everyone is ready by then. The workers placed our luggage in the cars.

"You guys directly go to the airport. I will pick up Chaitra from her hostel!" I said and they all nodded giving me a mischievous smile.

I tried calling Chaitra but she didn't answer. I called her friend and she said Chaitra is having her dinner. I started driving toward her hostel. I called her again after I reached the hostel. I just can't walk into a girls' hostel. This time she answered the call and said she will be out in 5 minutes. True to her words she came out in 5 minutes with only two small bags in her hands. I thought she will have a lot of luggage.

She came to me and said hi to which I nodded and opened the door for her. I started driving after we both settled in.

"You are bringing very little luggage," I said trying to start a conversation. 

"I just got my laptop and some other necessities. I have everything at home so." She said resting her head on the glass.

"Why did you call me? I was going to call back but you called again." She asked looking at me. She looks tired but beautiful as always.

"Your dad asked me to pick you up. So, I called you to ask whether your packing is done or not." I replied concentrating on the road.

"Dad called you? But why? I mean I used to go alone earlier too!" She whined like a kid. She is too cute when she pouts like that. Only I know how I control myself from kissing that pout.

"You don't want to come with us?" I asked slowing down a little and turning my attention to her. Is she feeling uncomfortable traveling with us?

"No! I just thought I will sleep for the whole journey but now I can't! And who else is coming with us? I thought only we both are going?" She said in one go with wide eyes. So, madam wanted to sleep!

"My cousins, best friend, and his wife,"  I said and she gasped at my answer. I turned towards her. Her mouth is wide open and her eyes became saucers. I closed her mouth with my index finger.

"All of them?" She asked as if she wish it was not true. 

"Yes, all of them!" I replied and she made a crying face at that. I heard her mumbling something under her breath. We reached the airport where our private jet is waiting for us.

"No one will disturb her! She needs some rest." I announced as soon as we got down in my serious tone. They all nodded in agreement. They know when I say something in that tone I am being serious. 

I have a private jet of my own but now we are using our family's. It's a 15-seater. I sat along with her in the last seat. 

"You were rude to them!" She said as soon as we settled. 

"They are habituated to that." I shrugged to which she gave me a 'Are you serious look' but I gestured for her to fasten her seatbelt and she did. Once we are in the air she removed her seatbelt and started reading some magazines.

"Aren't you sleepy?" I asked her in a whisper. She nodded her head negatively but started yarning within 5 minutes. She rested her head on my shoulder and dozed off. It's a 2-hour flight and she slept for 1 and a half hours. I woke her up once we are about to land but she snuggled closer to me mumbling 5 more minutes. But I had to wake her up so I did.

I drove her home while the others left for the hotel. She invited me in but I had to leave as I had a meeting in the Hyderabad branch early in the morning.