61. Sleep and Study

Daksh

The day of our Pasupu ceremony was interesting, to say. We had no idea how to perform them or the order of it. Maa sa called Chaitra's grandmother about it and she guided the ladies in performing the rituals. Once the rituals were completed here, they started at Chaitra's place. Chaitra's family won't have any problem in this regard as her maternal family is from our culture and all of them including Chaitra know everything about our customs.

That was when I decided to learn as much as possible about their rituals from the internet and from my Jaan when she came back. Her holidays were completed yesterday and she will come back today. Devansh is going to drop her here and leave for Udaipur after that.

"Bhai, bhabi maa is here," I heard Akshaya and ran out of my room. It was when I reached the steps, that I slowed down and walked down as If I was not dying to meet her. She was taking blessings from the elders when I reached there. She was smiling at Dad when he said something to her and that was the smile I was missing badly. We did have a few video calls but seeing her directly is giving me peace and comfort that video calls could not. Just her presence around me can make me this happy, a fact I never knew. 

I and Devansh were about to shake hands but one look from her made him pull me into a hug and I reciprocated it with a smile. Kaki sa insisted Devansh eat with us and he had to give in after everyone joined her and requested him to stay back. 

Devansh left for Udaipur post lunch and Akshaya and Aakansha took Chaitra to the room she stayed in during her last visit. We didn't get any alone time till now as my family was busy talking with her and asking questions about her family. 

"Chaitra, do you have the pen drive containing Mr. Kukreja's deal?" I asked as soon as I entered her room. She was sitting on her bed with her legs folded while my cousins made themselves comfortable around her. She gave me a confused look at the mention of our non-existing client. I gestured for her to play along and she nodded her head in affirmation getting my hint. 

"Please bring it to my study. I want to check it once," I was about to leave when I heard my brother speak halting my steps.

"Let bhabi maa rest bhai. I will bring it to you or you take it with you," Abhi spoke making me groan internally. Why is he so caring at the wrong time?

"Are you tired?" I direct the question to Chaitra, pleading with her to deny it with my eyes. She shook her head negatively. 

"She is not tired and I want to teach her a few things. You complete your work now," I ordered and everyone squinted out of the room one by one. 

"I will be waiting for you, biwi," I whispered in Chaitra's ear before moving out of the room not giving a chance to my cousins to tease us later. As expected, all those monkeys were outside the room with their ears attached to the door. 

"What?" I asked in a high-pitched tone and they all ran away shouting nothing making me smile at their childishness.

I asked one of the workers to get some orange juice and sandwiches for my study after an hour, moved to my study which was on the second floor. I have my personal study in our chamber but I chose this one to keep my prying cousins away from my biwi. 

Chaitra walked in after a while and I engulfed her in a tight hug from back as soon as she closed the door. A surprised gasp left her lips but she relaxed in my hug. I nuzzled my nose in her neck and inhaled her intoxicating scent before turning her around to hug her from the front. She wrapped her hands around my torso and rested her head on my chest.

"I missed you," I breathed out kissing her hair and I heard her saying 'me too'. A comfortable silence surrounded us after that while we stayed in each other's embrace. I took a step back after I felt her scent lingering on me and made her sit on the couch and took a seat beside her.