51. Meri Lakshmi

Chaitra

A week passed after our little meetup. My brothers left the day after, saying they have work to complete before our marriage preparations start so that they can concentrate fully on the wedding. I didn't meet Daksh after that day, though we were in contact through calls and texts.

Today, I am going to officially start my internship in Daksh's firm. I am kind of excited to work under him, but a bit nervous too. What if he feels I am not good enough with my work? What if he doesn't like my work? Numerous questions ran in my mind the whole night snatching the sleep away from my eyes. 

I got ready in formal wear and checked all my documents once again. I was checking myself in the mirror for the 10th time when my phone went off.

"Bhabi, we are here." It was Abhi. They offered to pick me up today and I agreed as we were all going to the same place and being with them would reduce my nervousness. I replied with an 'okay' and quickly went down.

Both Abhi and Rakshit are in formal wear, their hair neatly set and beard trimmed. They polished their shoes and both had this confident aura around them. They look different from those fun-loving college students I know. It's a good kind of different though.

"Hi, bhabi." they both wished me with extra sweet smiles today and I got into the back seat wishing them back.

We reached the office with a little chit-chat here and there. I felt proud looking at the building standing in front of me in its full glory. This is the place Daksh took charge as the CEO of the Chauhan groups. The place that mould him into a great businessman from a college student. The place where he had seen the dreams of the future and worked hard to make us all proud. As I stand here today, I cannot contain the pride and joy bubbling inside me. This place is very special to me as I know how much my man loves his work and this place. 

"Are we early, by any chance?" I voiced out when I didn't find anyone in the building except for the security.

"No, bhabi. We are exactly on time." Rakshit answered looking somewhere. As I turned my gaze to the direction where he was looking, my breath hitched looking at the man who was walking to us with confident steps. His aura screams power and control as he walks ahead, his head held high and his guards following behind. He is not exactly the same man who lets all his guards down around me but a CEO who is calculative and powerful. But I like this characteristic too. Hope it remains the same till the end and I don't end up cursing 'my boss'.

"You are here," he spoke softly, once he stood in front of me and took me in a warm hug. I wrapped my hands around his torso feeling my nerves calm down in his arms as the previous nervousness flew away and his love filled the space.

"Yes, but aren't you supposed to be inside?" I mumbled into his chest as he kissed my hair. 

"I am here to welcome you, Jaan,"  he replied, Then took a step back, and nodded at his brothers and they nodded in return. They are definitely planning something.

"Come," He held my hand, and guided me to the entrance of the building. He left my hand and gave a look to one of his guards and he bought an aarthi thal. I looked at him confused as he took the plate from the man and stood in front of me.

"Shaadi ke baad ghar pe meri lakshmi ka swagat maa karenge aur main unka haq nahi cheenna chahtha. Lekin yaha pe apni lakshmi ka swagat mai kudh karunga." Stating that he rounded the platter in front of me and applied tilak on my forehead as I smiled through tears. I couldn't help but thank god in my heart for sending this wonderful human into my life. He then kissed my forehead, after giving the platter back to the man.

(After our marriage, my mother would welcome my Lakshmi into the family and I don't want to snatch that right from her. But, I want to welcome my Laksmi to my office myself.)