52. Holidays

Daksh

After welcoming her to the office, we had breakfast together and she left with my brothers to meet their supervisor. I don't know who they were allocated to, but they said they are on the same team.

I too got busy with my work and it continued till noon. My brothers barged into my cabin grinning ear to ear, but the one I was waiting to see didn't come with them. I raised an eyebrow at them, questioning about her absence. 

"Bhai, welcome us at least! You didn't welcome us in the morning too," Rakshit chided huffing and I ignored his drama like always.

"You are not here for the first time," I pointed out the obvious. He opened and closed his mouth and huffed again.

"She's completing some work, she will be here soon," Abhi answered the unasked question after a while and I nodded in response.

"Bhai, are we going to Bhabi's place on the 12th as planned?" Rakshit asked, excitement dancing on his face while I frowned. Are we supposed to go there? But why?

"Why?" I asked, confusion evident in my tone. They both shared looks as if having an eye-talk among themselves. I cleared my throat to remind them of my presence.

"Bhabi didn't ask you?" They both shrieked in surprise. What the hell is wrong with these two? What didn't she ask me?

"About what?" I questioned again and they both sobered up from their shock or whatever state they were in and started speaking.

"Actually, when we were in college, we were talking randomly and Bhabi told us about how Sankranthi is celebrated at her place. When we pleaded with her to take us along next time, she agreed and said she would ask you to accompany us too. It was a long time ago, before your engagement. Maybe she forgot." Abhi shrugged but did she actually forget or there is something else? 

A knock broke my trance and I permitted the person to enter. Chaitra entered the cabin with a smile on her face. She was wearing my office ID. First my college ID, now my office ID, and soon my Jaan will be wearing a mangalsutra of my name. She will flaunt her rights on me to the world. That thought itself is so exciting.

"You didn't need to knock, Jaan," I stated with a smile as I got up from my place and walked to her taking her in my embrace.

"Why is that?" She asked in a teasing tone as she embraced me back and a sigh left her lips as she rested her head on my chest.

"Because wives don't knock before entering their husband's property," I reasoned and she blushed red while her hold around my torso tightened.

"I will claim those rights once we tie the knot, to be husband," She replied in a small tone and we moved away from each other. 

"By the way, I loved your return gift for the welcome," I teased and she looked at me confused. I pointed the lipstick strain on my shirt and she blushed crimson.

I am not going to wash this shirt ever. I am going to preserve it.

"You know Jaan, the newly wed brides leaves their handprints on the walls of the home where they are going to live and you left your lip prints on my heart where you are going to reside forever,"  I uttered what I genuinely felt about her mark on my chest.

 She ran into my hands again kissing my heart multiple times. She then got on to her tip toes and kissed my forehead saying she was damn lucky to have me in her life. Then she kissed my cheeks. But the enemies of my romance decided to interrupt, coughing and she slipped away from my hands, embarrassed making me glare at my brothers. 

She wished my brothers and we all had our lunch with small chats here and there.

"Bhabi, bhai is saying you didn't tell him about our plans to visit your place, why?" Rakshit asked after a while and she gave a nervous smile to us before ducking her head down.