20. Family meet

Daksh

"Are you angry with me?" came her message as soon as I entered my room. A smile made its way to my lips as soon as I read it. I was not angry at her but I was hurt when her cousins said she feared the giant wheel most. Is she that against marrying me that she did what she feared the most? When Akshaya asked me if we could join them I was so happy that I will get to spend some time with her but seeing her behavior my happiness vanished into thin air. And I was busy for two days due to which I was unable to talk to her.

"No," I replied not wanting to drag this matter further. I don't want to hurt her more.

"Sorry! I got angry when Annayya said he won't be able to tease me once we get married. How can he say that? I will still be his sister even after we get married, right? The thought of being away from my family is already haunting me and he made fun of it. So, I just lost it. I didn't mean to hurt you!"  came her message again.

I was so stupid to think she was against the marriage. She is feeling sad about leaving her family behind. She is insecure about whether the bond she shares with her brother remains the same or not. She was having an emotional turmoil and I was busy sulking like an idiot. Wait, if she is thinking about leaving her family, that means she wants to marry me! Yayy!

"First pacify her you idiot! She is feeling low!" My conscience schooled me. Yeah, I have to lift her mood and make her understand she is not going to lose her family by becoming a member of mine.

"Where are you?" I texted back. I just want to see her right now.

"At home!" came her reply. I took the car keys and rushed out. I don't care what others think but I want to be with her. I reached her home in 20 min and rang the bell. She opened the door after two minutes. 

"What are you doing here?" She asked after coming out of shock.

"I am sorry!" I blurted out. She gave me a confused look.

"I thought you were against marrying me but I didn't know you were feeling bad about leaving your family. I promise you will never be in a situation to choose between me and your family. I know you have to come and stay with me after marriage but I promise that I will bring you here whenever you want to meet them and we can spend as many days as you want with them here." I said looking straight into her eyes. A tear rolled down her cheeks which I wiped away with my thumb and the next second she pulled me into a tight hug. I was too surprised to react but hugged her back after a few seconds.

"Come in!" She said taking my hand and dragging me in along with her. 

"Want some cake?" She asked taking me along with her god knows where. I nodded my head positively. She took me to the dining hall. She gestured for me to sit and took a seat beside me. She served both of us.

"Where is everyone else?" I asked as I have not seen anyone from the moment I stepped in.

"Nanamma is sleeping in her room. Maa sa and Vadina went to some birthday party and the men went to some club." She said taking a spoonful of cake in her mouth. We had our cake in silence and she wiped off some cake from my lips making my heartbeat rise. We talked for a while and she saw me off. I drove off after making sure she went in and locked the door.

I came back to my hotel with a smile dancing on my lips. She is ready to marry me! We are going to her home tomorrow to talk about the marriage. I changed into my nightwear and dozed off with her thoughts.

"Bhayya! Bhayya get up! Open the door!" I heard some screams and constant banging on my door. I opened the door and my cousins jumped on me like monkeys followed by my best friends. I looked at the clock which showed 5:40 a.m.

"What are you doing in my room at this time?" I asked in my cold tone which they royally ignored and crawled on my bed, couches, and chairs placed in the room.

"We came here to give you some tips to impress Bhabis' family," Abhi said resting his head on the headrest.

"And to get you ready!" Aakansha said clapping her hands and sighing dreamily. What's wrong with these people? 

"I am very much capable of impressing her family. And, I don't need you people to get ready. Now get out!" I said with an emotionless face but these fellows didn't even move an inch. 

"How will you impress them? With this cold and arrogant attitude? Or will you give intimidating looks to them like you give to your employees?" Rohan asked.

"Maybe he will threaten them like he threatens us for pocket money!" Akshaya said in a mocking tone.

"But he is not the one who gives pocket money to them Akansha!" Rakshit sang irritating me.

"You guys shut up. My brother will not do those. He will just point a gun at her father like he did to Mr. Mehtha!" Nithi di announced making me facepalm in my mind. Only if they know how her brother shoots bullets with his eyes. 

"Get out guys!" I announced as their teasing is making me more nervous. 

"Wear this. We don't want to see you again in those stupid black suits." Naksh said placing a packet on my bed. 

"I will come to their home directly. I have a meeting in the morning. You go there at 12." I said opening the door for them. They walked out giving me a 'you will never change' look.

I asked my p.a. to arrange this meeting as I want to take my mind off this family meeting thing. And work will always make me feel relieved. I attended a meeting and headed to Chaitra's mansion after that.  My family's cars are already parked by the time I reached there. Naksh and Rohan are waiting for me.

"When did you come?" I asked walking to them. They replied with a 'just now' and we three walked in. It will be the first meeting of Chaitra and senior Chauhans and our families too. Everyone is sitting in the main hall and I noticed another elder couple along with Chaitra's parents and grandmother. Her cousins and her brother are not here. She is not here either.

"Come Daksh beta! (son)" said my mother as soon as her eyes fell on me. I walked to her and took a seat after taking blessings from Chaitras' family. Rohan and Naksh sat on either side of me.

"Are you looking for Chaitra?" Naksh whispered.

"Don't take stress. She isn't here yet!" Rohan said chuckling. I rolled my eyes at them. Where is she if not here?