one.

Leilani Bree Preston • 18 • Freshman in College

Freshman in College

"Ma I'm not going to stay with that nigga he really got me messed up" I scoffed with a mug plastered all over my face, at this point I'm so done with trying to convince her about that man.

I'm BIG eighteen and she wants to go spend time with him for my summer break like I ain't supposed to be outside this summer with people I actually care about, he made his choice when he decided to go marry another woman and have his family.

And I decided to stay with my own and live far away from him so after all these years he all of a sudden wanna "rekindle" with me, like if the shit was that easy I would've been done it.

He left when I was eleven and my what moms told me he was sick and needed to get help. Me being young she couldn't tell me that he was cracked out on drugs so I thought it meant he was ill with a disease or something.

According to my moms he went to rehab and got better but he never came home, he went some where else and good for him but why wait till I'm 18? And don't want anything to do with ya bumbass anymore?

I'm sure if he decided to call me when I got a lil bit older to understand maybe after the age of thirteen cause nobody got an excuse you actually gain sense at that age, and being thirteen I wouldn't be too young to understand what he was going through.

I most definitely would still be tight about him marrying someone else but it wouldn't hurt me as much as it does now.

And my mom thought it would be best to tell me about going to his place an hour before they already made the arrangement but I was too caught up in my ways to just let it go.

"Leilani just go and test it out, maybe it won't be as bad as you think" she nonchalantly shrugged and moved around the island table to go stir whatever she had cooking on the stove.

"Ma.." I said barely above a whisper already knowing when that nigga comes he ain't gonna hear a peep outta me and he best not try not lovey dovey father shit wimme too cause ain't nobody his daughter I'm going as a simple guest to his house.

She walked towards me and gently held onto my hands and rubbed her thumbs on the back of my hands as she stood in front me "Leilani you'll be fine I promise" she reassured me and gave me a soft smile as she did so.

"So if I go can Shania come wimme?" I asked with a slight sad face, I most definitely needed company if I was going to stay with him and I wasn't going alone.

"It's up to her parents and your father" I rolled my eyes at her claiming that man to be my "father" I don't even know what to call him when he does "but if you want her to go you ain't got much time cause he soon reach" she told me as she walked away and went back to her pot.

Taking out my phone I immediately FaceTimed Shania, she thankfully answered on the second ring "please go ask your mom if you can stay wimme for the summer break" I pleaded and walked back to room to get my bags and take them downstairs.