fourteen.

Leilani Bree Preston • 18 • Freshman in College

Freshman in College

For the whole journey I've been pestering this nigga about if his mom won't mind a random girl pulling up to her house drunk off her mind and on the verge of puking every turn that he makes.

He answered at first telling me that she don't mind cause she's a nurse and would want to help, the car went silent for five minutes and then I asked him after thinking about it for a while cause now she's gonna feel obligated to want to help me.

He ignored me so I asked him again, but then he ignored me that time, so then I asked him again and at that point I was doing it to annoy him due to my drunken brain not allowing me to shut the fuck up and lay down for the rest of the journey.

We were pulling up to a block of apartments and I was already falling in and out of consciousness, he parked up the car and got out.

I used my flimsy fingers to try open up the car door but he was faster than me with the door opening, he held out his hand for me to take.

I grabbed ahold of his hand and got out the car dramatically groaning as I did so, he lifted up my arms and put his hands under my arms and unexpectedly lifted me up, he put my legs around his waist since I was too drunk to notice what was going on.

I put my arms around his neck and let my head rest on his shoulder, I heard the car door slam and the car lock before he started to walk in the direction of his house, "what's the time?" I mumbled and lifted up my head to see we were now in the block and currently moving up the stairs.

"Don't worry bout it" he replied and reached in his pocket to take his keys out, I heard a whole bunch of noise before the door opened and he walked inside in the apartment I heard the keys drop on a counter.

"Ma where you at?!" Kay shouted and impatiently waited on his mom before he decided to shout again, "Ma!" And with that a door in the apartment opened.

"Why you screaming in my-" A voice said and was cut short probably from seeing a random girl in her sons arms, "what happened to her? She okay?" She gasped as a hand touched me on my forehead and felt that I was hot as shit.

But at the same time I felt cold.

"Alcohol poisoning" Kay shrugged.

"Boy alcohol poisoning? Fuck y'all give her to drink?" She asked and soon after sucked her teeth, "you know what? Just bring her" she instructed and he started to walk before I felt myself being placed on the couch.

"You feeling tired, you got any stomach pain or nausea?" She asked and I thought about it for a lil minute cause my brain was really trying to focus.