twenty one.

Leilani Bree Preston • 18 • Freshman in College

Freshman in College

Taking my hair out the twists I had put them in last night, I separated the thicker pieces and stretched the roots out with an afro comb, I decided to leave my hair in a big curly afro since I've just been wearing wigs on wigs since I got down here.

Shania supposed to be coming down later today but she kept telling me it ain't guaranteed but I know her ass tryna pop out on some surprise shit like we both got time for that.

Feeling my phone vibrate from somewhere on the bed I felt around for it and found it near my pillow, answering the call I put it on speaker so I could finish brushing out my hair.

"Lani come open the front door for me" I heard Shania say and I ran as fast as I could with this ankle brace on.

Speaking of which I could another appointment so the Doctor can check to see how my ankle healing up, making to the front door I opened it up and seen Shania standing by the driveway.

"Girl come here!" I said getting all excited and shit she walked up to me and wrapped her arms around me "I missed ya lil ass" I sighed.

"Not more than I missed you" she said as we pulled away she quickly jogged to go get her bags then entered the house, I closed the door behind and picked up one of her bags and brought them upstairs.

"I got so much to tell you but we gon pull up on Setty's ass first" I said as I gathered my things together and put a couple hair ties on my wrist just incase one of them decided to break or we obviously had to jump him, "you ready?"

"Yea lemme put this on real quick" she quickly put on the hoodie and we left the bedroom and walked down the stairs to leave the house.

As we walked on the street I noticed some people that was backstage for their lil concert or whatever it was.

"Y'all know where Setty at?" I asked the one that favoured Kay real bad.

"Yea he inside" he replied and kinda turned to look down the hall, nodding my head I felt Shania connect her hand with my own and thanking him we walked inside the house.

We made it into the living room where their lil asses usually be at and saw Nas, Gotti and Dougie playing on some game, whereas everyone else was on their phone or smoking.

"Yo stop fucking cheating!" Gotti said as he slightly pushed Dougie who sucked his teeth in response.

"Yo Nas tell this nigga that nobody cheating, mad at me cause his ass can't play the fucking game" he mumbled and rolled his eyes, he did a double take and saw me and Shania standing at the doorway.