nine.

Leilani Bree Preston • 18 • Freshman in College

Freshman in College

Me and Kay walked to back Set's house quieter than a damn mouse, he had absolutely to say and I had nothing to say in response to him.

He lit his blunt with the same lighter I threw on the floor and I could tell by the graze marks at the bottom "nice to see you got your lighter back" I said as I held in my laughter.

He looked at me and cut his eyes at me as he did so he went ahead of me and entered Setty's house first with me right behind him.

By the time we entered the living room, all eyes were already on us "why y'all staring? Some on my face?" I asked even though I knew they were staring cause I was with Mr Flock.

"Nah don't try act stupid. Where did you go or what did you go do?" Set replied trying to get smart with me.

Pushing up my face I tilted my head at him with Shania cooped up by his side like always; she was already giving me the look of I have to tell her when we get back.

"Not you being up in my business, but I went to take Layla home and he came with me. Before you ask Layla wanted him to come with us" I explained and they all looked at me with them eyes that I'm just chatting.

"You sure?" Set said with a smirk on his face and side eyed me as he did so.

"Kay can you tell them I'm not lying" I sighed dragging him to conversation but he wasn't any help.

"I ain't telling them shit" he shrugged and continued to smoke on his blunt, rolling my eyes I went to go sit down the only space being next to him but stayed in my lil corner.

"Nah you sure you two ain't got some going on?" Blu said as his eyes shifted between the two of us.

"We don't have anything going on" I confirmed and looked up at the screen that currently had Nas and some nigga I do not know playing Call Of Duty.

Feeling eyes on me I looked down and saw Blu still glancing between us with squinted eyes and his hand resting on my chin.

What does he actually think is gonna happen?

"Stop being weird" I huffed and covered my face with the back of my hand.

"Nah I'm pissed Kay stole my girl and everything but I'an gon lie you two would look mad good together" he observed with his eyes still squinted.

"She wasn't your girl to begin with" Nas butted in.

"Word" Setty added on causing other hums to go round the room in agreement.