#38 - Rumours

The company decided not to hold a press conference and so they release the statement which all had agreed upon. After the return to Seoul, everyone went to their own respective apartment. Seokjin finally opened his letterbox after awhile and there's an official letter from the military. He looks up at the date of enlistment and noticed he is only left with two months. The group and company is aware of the impending enlistment, however only the recruits would be inform of the enlistment date. Instead of informing his group member, he messaged Ian to complete the song, giving excuse his schedule would be pack within the next month.

At late night, he drove off to Ian's studio to complete the melody. He told Ian not to inform anyone as he wants to make it a surprise, which Ian agreed. Without the members knowledge, this has been Seokjin's routine for the week. Seokjin would participate in the group schedule during the day, and at night he would spend either at Ian's residence or studio. Often time, he would overnight at Ian's as he was too tired to drive back home.

Unlike before, Ian didn't flirt with Seokjin as much. When he received the lyrics from Seokjin, he knows he didn't stand a chance. Not even a slight chance. There's a sense of longing towards someone. It didn't take long for him to figure out, since Seokjin would always tell him about what the kid does for the day. The only thing he can't figure out was why they are still not in a relationship. He tried to probe Seokjin once to enquire of his relationship, but Seokjin just mentioned Jungkook as one of his friends whom he is very close with.

No matter how discreet their meetups are, there are bounds to be people who noticed. Slowly, the story builds up, how Seokjin was in relationship with Ian and they would spend their nights at studio or Ian's apartment on daily basis. The rumors spread like wildfire. Since the entertainment industry was small, by now, everyone would've heard it. But none would comes forward to clarify.

Jungkook POV

As he walked past one of the office room, he overheard staffs talking about Seokjin and Ian. Jungkook who is quite close to the staffs, came over to ask what's the new gossip about. He finds the rumors ridiculous. With their packed schedule till late night at times, when would Hyung have the time to spend time with Ian. But when staffs mentioned, Seokjin overnight at Ian's on daily basis after work, he froze. 

This can't be. Why would Hyung spend the night at Ian's. The rumor is consuming too much of his thoughts that he needs to clarify with Hyung. Just nice Seokjin walks into the company with his disheveled hair and yesterday clothes?

JK: "Hey Hyung, where were you?"

Seokjin: "Morning... I just arrived Jk-ah."

JK: "You didn't return home yesterday?"

Seokjin: "How do you..oh yeah...I find it hassle since we will be given new clothes."

JK: "Hyung... is there anything you want to tell me?"

Seokjin: "About?"

JK: "I don't know Hyung. I've heard rumors..."

Seokjin (thought JK was referring to the enlistment since he informed some of the staffs): "Oh you've heard? Yeah, its true.."

JK: "Are you serious?"

Seokjin: "I'm sorry Jungkook-ah. I really want to tell you earlier... but..."

JK: "Hyung, why can't you just be upfront with me?"

Seokjin: "I know... but... its tough on me..."

JK: "You know what, lets talk after work."

Seokjin: "I can't JK-ah. I have plans."

JK: "Our schedule ends late night Hyung. Who are you meeting with?"

Seokjin: "I'm meeting Ian."

JK: "Well let me guess, you came directly from his apartment?"

Seokjin: "Hmm... yeah..."

Jungkook felt betrayed. He knows his Hyung likes guys, but they had agreed before leaving the pension that Seokjin will patiently be with him till he figures out of his feeling. But now that Seokjin has Ian, what's the point of figuring out then.

JK: "You free tonight?"

Yugyeom: "Its Friday night. Of course."

JK: "Tell the rest we're going clubbing tonight."

Yugyeom: "Of course... they will be happy. Your presence has been missed by all!"

JK: "Yeah, see ya guys later."