#41 - Regret

In Yoongi's apartment...

Seokjin appreciates how his team members carefully break the news to him. Just that he doesn't know what or how to response or react to the news. Is he surprised? Disappointed? Honestly, he don't even know. 

Jimin: "Hyung... please say something..."

Seokjin: "Can I call Jungkook? I just need to ask one thing."

Yoongi: "He off his phone. But he is with Tae. You can call Tae's phone."

Seokjin: "Yeah, I'll call Tae. I'll excuse myself for awhile." and quietly leave the group to enter one of the available room.

Hobi: "What do you think Hyung will ask?"

Jimin: "I'm curious too. Shall we eavesdrop a bit?"

Namjoon: "Yah, give them privacy."

Taehyung POV

Here he is, comforting Jungkook who have been crying ever since. No matter how angry he was towards Jungkook, he still cares for the kid. Everyone makes mistake. While he was patting Jungkook, his phone vibrates and he knows this is his cue to leave. He passed the phone to Jungkook, informing him in soft tone, to be calm and talk to Seokjin. Jungkook looks up with teary eyes, asking him for help. He can only assured Jungkook, it will be ok.

Jungkook POV

He muster up all the courage he have to pick up the phone. His hand was shivering, and for once he was scared. Scared of losing his Hyung. 

JK (timidly): "Hyung?"

Seokjin: "Jungkook-ah, how are you?"

JK: "Not good Hyung..."

Seokjin: "Why Jungkook-ah?"

JK: "I was foolish Hyung. Everyone kept saying you're with Ian. And I acted out of anger."

Seokjin: "Hmm.. I need to work on gaining your trust JK-ah." 

JK: "No Hyung, its me. I'm impulsive."

Seokjin: "Well..you also need to work on your anger JK-ah."

JK: "I will Hyung. Hyung? What about you?"

Seokjin: "Frankly speaking, not good too JK..."

JK: "I'm sorry Hyung, because of me your song got delayed."

Seokjin: "JK-ah, that's the last thing on my mind."

JK: "Are you disappointed in me Hyung?"

Seokjin: "Should I be?"

JK: "Hmmm... I don't know Hyung..."

Seokjin: "Can I ask you one question JK-ah."

JK: "Hmm..."

Seokjin (seems hesitant): "Ermm.. during the time were you intoxicated?"

JK (gasp): "No...hyung... I was sober..."

Seokjin: "Ah... I see..."

JK: "Hyung..I'm sorry..." (starts to tear)

Seokjin: "JK-ah, come back home safely k."

JK: *hiccups* hmm...yes Hyung..."

Seokjin: "Lets have dinner together. Hyung will cook."

JK: "I'll see you soon.. Hyung."

Seokjin: "Take care. After this call, go to Tae ok?"

Seokjin POV

He devoid of any emotion after the phonecall. He was initially hesitant to ask that question. When he heard, he gave a benefit of a doubt that maybe, Jungkook didn't realize cause he was intoxicaed. He told himself that if he does act under the influence, he might reconsider. However hearing Jungkook's response, he was disappointed. There's literally nothing to hold on to. So he told himself he needs to let Jungkook go. 

He must acknowledged, the past few weeks, has been affecting the whole team. And he dislike how the members has been walking on eggshell between him and Jungkook. Maybe this enlistment date sounds like a good opportunity to give them a breather.