#43 - D-1

After much delay, the collaboration song was finally out. It was an apt song release, with Seokjin's enlistment date on the very next day. A bittersweet love song for everyone. 

Ian POV

He had receive numerous message and calls of congratulations, citing the success of the collaboration between him and Seokjin. How he wish he could celebrate with Seokjin, however he understand Seokjin would like to spend the day before his enlistment with his family instead. While he was scrolling through his phone, he noticed a message from Jungkook and immediately clicked in.

JK: Hi Hyung. The collab song was nice. Both of your voice blend in well. Thank you and I'm sorry if I've ever been rude to you.

Such a polite brat. And so he called...

JK: "Hyung?"

Ian: "Yes JK. Surprised with my call?"

JK: "Hmm...kinda?"

Ian: "So where's my apology?"

JK: "Ah... I'm sorry Hyung for everything. I admit I overstep my line quite a few times. I accused you of everything, when I was in the wrong and I wasn't respectful even when I call you, despite that you're older. I'm sorry."

Ian: "Well I didn't expect a whole speech. But... glad that you know. And since you're such a polite brat. Let me tell you something." 

JK: "Hmm..."

Ian: "The majority of the lyrics comes from Jinnie."

JK: "I saw the interview... He did mention about it..."

Ian: "He wrote in with you in mind, JK. Do you know how much I had to endure hearing about what you did every single day."

JK: "Hyung... why are you telling me this?"

Ian: "I know right. You're my rival, but I guess Jinnie's happiness is everything."

JK: "I've fucked up Hyung. Can I make Hyung happy?"

Ian: "If you want to make Jinnie happy, then do something about it." 

JK: "What if..."

Ian: "I'm rooting for you kiddo."

JK: "Thank you, Hyung."

Ian: "But that doesn't mean I'll stop becoming your rival..."

JK: "Huh?"

Ian: "Just saying... you never know what's going to happen between me and..."

JK: "Hyung! There won't be such thing!"

Ian: "Hahas. Brat. Dont let my effort goes to waste ok!"

JK: "You're cool btw Hyung."

Jungkook POV

Its ironic how he can talk to Ian now, but he can't bring himself to talk Hyung. When the music was released, he had contemplated if he should send a message or call to Hyung. He ended sending Hyung a simple one line congratulatory message. The thought of giving Hyung space today given that he is spending his time with family seems like an excuse now. Knowing the reason behind the song, doesn't sit well in him. Even after the dinner yesterday, he has not been able to rest well. As though there's a lump somewhere and its causing him great discomfort.

When I'm with you
There is no one else
I get heaven to myself
When I'm with you
There is no one else
I feel this way I've never felt
*just pretend this is a collab with Ian instead of coldplay ;)

JK (waves at the camera): "Hyung!"

Seokjin: "What's with the video call? You missed me already?"

JK: "Hahas... Of course. Hyung! I want to say the song is really really nice!"

Seokjin: "You messaged me already though?"

JK: "I know but just thought of telling you again in person..."

Seokjin: "You can tell me tomorrow you know."

JK: "Then... I'll see you again tomorrow Hyung... I wont disturb you much longer...Have fun with your family Hyung."

Seokjin: "I'll see you, Jungkook-ah. And thank you for the call"

He waited till Hyung ended the call, and that's when he finally cried. No one has ever affected him so much to this extend. No one has ever prepared him of how to deal with separation. The worse feeling, is when it took him so long to figure it out, and now that he realized, his Hyung is leaving. 

Seokjin POV

The video call was unexpected, especially coming from Jungkook. He must admit it does gives butterflies in his stomach, and he was pleased. He recall of yesterday conversation of Jungkook asking him "if he is willing to give them a try again some day", and honestly he would consider if he puts in the same effort as him. 

They have a lot of things to work on. He thinks again of what happened between them, and he realized they went straight in of wanting to be in relationship, without knowing one another or even try to court the other. Next time, if he ever in relationship, he would not rush. Instead, he will go through the traditional way of knowing one another. There is simply no shortcut in relationship, even if you know the person beforehand for the longest time. And yes, relationship is a two-way thing, he will make sure the other person puts in the same effort. He should never cast aside his feeling just to accommodate the other to make it work. And he sure learns the hard way.

After the dinner he had with Jungkook, he had a short chat with Yoongi as he promised to update on the outcome. Before they ended the call, Yoongi asked if he ever had any regret and if he could ever turn the time, would he make change? Apparently, it didn't take long for him to reply. He definitely sure he won't change a thing. Sometimes, they have to undergo this experience in order to make changes in future. And he truly believes that.

He finally made peace with his feelings. Whatever comes, will come. He will just enjoy the process.