Moving On | 2

Y/N

It was a nice day out today. The sun was shining, there was a nice breeze. Just beautiful. I've been out in the town lately, just enjoying nature. It started off by me waking up early from a blissful sleep, to going to my favorite coffee shoppe. Instead of getting my usual I tried something new. Which was absolutely wonderful. A Caramel Ribbon Crunch.

Today, around LA there was nothing but little shops everywhere. Sunglass stands, to food, accessories, shoes, and etc. I got myself a couple of things that I liked. I looked up at the hills to see the sun was getting close to be setting. I started walking towards the beach. I go there now a lot, around this time. I've been going since me and Justin broke up.

When I think about it, which I don't like to do, but tend to do it a lot, it always gets me. And even though some years have gone by now, 4 to be exact, I still tend to get upset about it. No matter what I will never be able to come to terms with myself that that happened.

I grabbed my cardigan wrapping it around myself a little tighter. Even though it's California, it can still get a little chilly. Especially near around the beach.

When I finally got to the beach I took off my shoes. Even though they were only sandals, or if I had on any other shoes I still like to take them off, and fell the sand between my toes. It's really soothing. Something that also helped me when it happened.

I walked over to my favorite spot on the beach. Over here there were was everything. There were rocks, big enough to sit on. The sand coating the ground, making it look like a blanket was laid down. The waves crashing onto the shore. It also gave me the best view of the sunset.

I loved watching the sunset at the beach because it was just beautiful. The amazingly different shades of orange, pink, and red shadowing in the ocean, and everything else in its path. The sound of the waves. It was all so calming. When the sunset ended, I would walk on the shoreline of where the water and sand would meet. I don't know why, but I just loved doing it.

I sat down on one of the rocks, and waited for the sunset to start. It was getting a little breezier by the second. Little bits of my hair would be blowing in my face, which would make me push my hair back. As soon as the sunset started I kept my eyes on it. I grabbed my phone and took pictures of the sun setting, the way it reflected on the ocean, and a little quick selfie. I turned my attention back on the sunset. This one seemed to take longer than usual, but it didn't bother me. More time to myself. It was peaceful. Just how I like it.

Justin

I pulled up to the parking lot. I took my keys out of the car, turning it off, and getting out and closing the door. Locking the car behind me. I started taking off my Suprahs and my socks as I started walking on the sand. You have no idea how hard it is to clean sand out of your shoes.

I started walking towards my favorite spot to be on the beach. This spot had everything. The rocks that you could sit on. The waves were near by so you could hear it loud and clear. It was my favorite spot to be since things broke off with me and Y/N. God. I miss her so much. Every time I go home I dread it. It's so quiet without her. I miss her laugh, eyes, smile, personality, hugs. The way she would wrap her arms around herself and look down when she's shy, nervous, or insecure.

I beat myself up everyday about it. If I never fucked up she would still be here. We would still be together. Things would be perfect, because she would be with me. Now she's gone. And it hurts the most because I can't even tell Y/N that I love her so much. It's funny, because I thought that I would be over all of this. I mean, 4 years have gone by. Since those 4 years, I haven't seen her at all. The last time I did, that was when she came by to get her stuff.

I remember that. I was just coming home from a late session at the studio with Scooter. I didn't want to go though. I wanted to stay home and wait for her, for when she came to get her things so at least I could talk to her.

"I pulled up into the drive way. I just came back from a session at the studio with Scooter. As I got out my car, I saw a familiar car. My heart pounded inside my chest. That was
Y/N's car. The truck was opens letting me see that she was packing her stuff in there. I ran towards the front door, seeing it wide open. I ran inside and up the stairs to see Y/N struggling to pick up a box that was way to big for her to be carrying herself.

"Here. Let me help you." I said. Startling her. I walked up towards her and lifted up the box, without a problem. I started heading towards the stairs, bringing it down and to her car.
"Where do you want me to put it?" I asked her.
"You can put it in the back seats." I placed it the box where she told me. She was just standing there and I was just starring at her.
"Thank you." She said. I slightly smiled, but not all the way realizing why I had to help her anyway.

"No problem." She started walking towards the passenger door of the car, but I called her name. "Y/N wait." She stopped and turned towards me, and looked in my eyes. But as soon as she did, she looked down. "Can I talk you?" I asked her. She shook her head no. That hurt, but what should I expect. I hurt her.

"I-I'm sorry Justin, but I need to go." Her voice cracked. She stayed looking at the ground. I lifted her head up from under her chin. "Please?" I asked, my voice cracking. Tears were streaming down her face. I went to wipe them, but she moved away. "I-I need to go." She walked away from me, got in her car, and drove away.

I ran my hands in my hair, and down my face. Damn it. I let her go again."

I shook my head from that memory, before I got myself upset. As I walked towards my favorite spot on the beach, I saw a figure there already. I thought I was the only person who knew where this spot was. It's far from where people usually are at the beach, and even if you get close to it, it's hidden by some sort of cliff.

As I got closer to the figure, I could make it out to be a female, because of their shape. The wind blew causing my hair to go the way the breeze was blowing, and her hair to blow everywhere.

I got my hopes up seeing it was a female. Maybe it was Y/N. Then again, I mistake all females for Y/N. I took a seat on one of the rocks by the stranger. I turned to look in her direction seeing her shoes by the side of the rock she's sitting on. I don't think she noticed I was here. "It's beautiful isn't it?" I asked.

She jumped, grabbing her chest. I chuckled a little seeing that I scared her. "Yea. It really is. I come here all the time." She said. I was going to turn away, but that voice. It.. It sounded just like... "Y/N?" I asked. She turned and looked at me.

•••
Wow. This preference was 1,371 words long. That's the longest I've ever done. I'm so proud. Also, yay! Moving On 2. has been posted. I hope you guys are enjoying this preference just as much as I am. It's so sweet, yet sad.

Anyways, QOTD: I'm thinking I should turn this preference into a book maybe. I need your advice on if I should or not. This is VERY important!
AOTD: The answer is up to you guys. I need you to tell me if I should it not. That's all. Love you guys. 💖
- 💜