My Boxer

YN

I sat in one of the chairs in the front row of the arena. Waiting for the fight to start. To say that I was nervous was an understatement. I was beyond petrified. I could feel the queasy-ness in my stomach. I hope I don't vomit in public.

As I rubbed my hands on my stomach to settle down my nauseousness, I watched all the people settle in. I don't know how people can watch two people in a ring beat the crap out of each other until one knocks out. It's crazy.

The fight was about to start. I saw Ryan, Chaz, Fredo, Khalil, Za, and etc. crowd around my boyfriend Justin's corner. I grew antsy. I don't know how he does this. I felt a hand rub my knee. Looking up, I saw Pattie smiling at me.

"You okay sweetie?" You could hear the concern in her voice. I nodded my head. "Yea. I'm fine." I gave her a small weak smile.
"You sure? You look like your about to pass out." She run out her hand on my forehead, sucking her teeth. "I told Justin it would be bad for you to be out here, knowing how you feel about him fighting. He doesn't listen."

"I'm fine, Pattie. I promise." I told her smiling. "It's just that I get nervous for him. I know that he'll be fine, but I still worry. Yet I bet that your way more anxious than I am. You're his mother." She let out laugh.

"I worry, I can tell you that for sure, but I believe in my baby boy. I know that he'll be okay. Of course when he told me that he wanted to do this, I was not on board. It took me a while to get used to it. I still don't like him doing it, but I will always support him. No matter what." She turned smiling to me, and I smiled right back.

I looked forward towards Justin. He had everyone he cared for here. The whole support group. The Bieber Crew. I'm glad that I had Pattie here. She understood exactly how I felt. I'm also glad that we had a bond, and got along with each other. She's an amazing woman.

The bell rung signifying that the fight was about to start. Each fighter was getting prep talks from their crew. I looked over at Justin's opponent. Canelo Alvarez. He was good, but my baby was better. The lights dimmed slightly, and the announcer appeared in the center of the ring.

"Introducing your announcer for the night Michael Buffer." You heard over the speakers.
The announcer [Michael Buffer] grabbed for the microphone in the center of the stage before talking into it.
"Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Tonight we have both two heavy-weight champions fighting here tonight. Canelo Alvarez." The crowd cheered. "Justin Bieber." The crowd went wild. I smiled at the mention of his name. I looked at him to meet his honey brown eyes staring at me.

I mouthed an "I love you." and a "Good luck." The announcer started speaking again. His announcement coming to an end.
"Let's get ready to ruuummmmbble!" The announcer spoke into the microphone hyping everyone up, before walking out of the ring. The referee then came up. He signaled Justin and Canelo to walk forward before he spoke.

"Now boys, I want a clean fight. Okay? I'm sure you know the rules by now. Gentlemen. You may begin." They touched boxing gloves, before moving around each other. Sizing each other up. You could hear everyone shouting things to the two of them. Some were cheering, others not. Here we go! I thought.
•••
[I'm going to be skipping some rounds.]

The bell dinged again. It was round 4. The girls who were barely and horribly dressed came up into the ring, showing up the card for what round it was. I looked at Justin as he showed no interest in any of them. He was too busy getting prepped by the crew. I'm guessing my face showed discomfort by the things Pattie said to me.

"Don't worry. Justin doesn't care for them. He's happily in a relationship with you. You have no idea how many times he'll call me just to speak about you. It's heart-warming really. And I'm 100 percent sure that Justin would rather have you up there than them." She said patting my thigh, and giving me a small smile.