Where it all began

16 Years Ago
The Underworld

The thought of Persephone leaving was ringing through his head as he ran through the halls of the underworld palace. She had told him if he left her alone during the six months she was there for more than a week she would leave especially now but he couldn't defy Zeus. His brother was ruthless when he didn't get what he wanted and since Hades had tried to take over Olympus he had it out for him. He got an urgent order to go to Olympus thinking his name would finally be cleared. Only to show up and hear that he was being taken to a place called the isle of the lost. He was in chains for 5 days trying to figure a way to escape. Finally on the 6th day the fates were on his side. With no powers the only way he could get home to see the love of his life is to bargain with someone who doesn't like Zeus at the moment or more so just wants to see true love and a little bit of drama. Yeah, he had to stoop as low as to talk to Aphrodite the Goddess of Love. She had hidden him well enough until nightfall when Zeus would slip away from Hera, his responsibilities, and Olympus to go have "fun" with a nymph. Aphrodite was able to contact pain and panic and set a portal for Hades to get back to Persephone.
He had finally made it to the big throne room hoping he wasn't too late. When he opened the doors no one was there. He didn't give up. He rushed to their bedroom only to find it empty with none of her clothes in it. He then rushed to the bathroom just to make sure she wasn't still packing and he hadn't missed his opportunity. Dread was going through him as he could only think of one other place she could be. As he came to the door with flowers all around it. The only flowers in the whole underworld other than Persephone's garden that he had gifted her when they first got married he couldn't help but worry. The door was white with pink, yellow, and purple tulips all around it. He was hesitant to open the door but he finally found the courage to do so. Walking in, you would think everything looked beautiful. Definitely a contrast to the rest of the palace. The walls were yellow but decorated with loads of color to look like there was a spring field in the room. A rocking chair lay bare with a bookcase right next to it. With loads of books getting ready to be read. A closet that should be full of clothes and toys galore. A single bassinet laid in the the middle of the room with a white canopy coming down from the ceiling and butterflies all around it. There his princess Hadrina would lay her head. She would rule the underworld just like her father but have the heart and courage of her mother. His love for her would outshine the sun and he would bring down anyone who tried to hurt her.
As he went to check the bassinet knowing that she hadn't even been born yet his eyes caught something that was laying in the bassinet. A Note. He quickly grabbed the note hoping it wasn't true. Hoping the Fates would be on his side one time. As he opened and read the note tears fell down his cheeks.

Dear Hades,
This is not what I envisioned when I chose you over my own family. When I took the pomegranate seeds I thought " This is it. I'll finally be with the man I love and get the love I finally deserve." I was wrong. I gave you a choice to stay or go and you chose to go. I don't care about your reasons just know that we were a family and you ruined it. I am leaving the underworld. Sadly I have to be here for six months a year but it's a good thing our child doesn't have to suffer the same fate. If you really love me please just let me go and let our daughter grow up away from this responsibility you have been carrying around. I don't want her to grow up to resent us for not allowing her to be with other children or explore the world. This isn't the life we signed up for and she is just a babe. So I am writing this letter to say that this is goodbye. I don't care what happens to me as long as my daughter is safe.
Best of luck,
Perseph

P.s. I went into labor while you were gone no thanks to you. She is absolutely beautiful and I will give her the love she deserves. I have also decided not to name her Hadrina anymore. It just didn't feel right after I first held her. I am sorry but I will not give you her name due to the fact that I don't want you to search for her. May the fates be with her.

He read the letter over and over hoping it was a joke and that he would look up and she would be there. His daughter was born and where was he? Hiding from Zeus. He understands why Persephone feels this way. Ever since she ran away to marry him he has ruined her reputation. The Gods want nothing to do with her but she will always fight for Olympus even if they have done her wrong. Even her own mother hates him.
As he sat in the room he could only think about his daughter. Not being able to know anything about her or what she looks like. He will respect Persephone's wishes on not being with him but he'll be damned if he doesn't search for his daughter. She's the last piece of light in the darkness that he lives in. The only thing that represents the love that he had shown to another. He will love his little girl no matter what she does and he will never stop looking for her.
That night, the God of the Underworld cried while sitting on the floor of the flowery room. He wished he had more time and that he had listened to Persephone but he was too greedy and now look at what it got him. As his eyes finally adjusted to the light, he felt hard shakes on his shoulder given by Pain and Panic. He thought they were just being their normal panicky selves. Until the doors of the room opened. He tried his hardest to win against the guards of Olympus but he couldn't out beat them. There were too many. How dare they come into his domain and embarrass him in front of his people and where were his guards? As he was fighting he was thinking about what he was fighting for. His daughter.
He wasn't dragged back to Olympus like he originally thought. He was dragged to a dreadful place called The Isle of the Lost where he was forced into a cave with little to no lighting and the biggest set back of all, NO POWERS. All he had was the letter and his Ruby.
That night he decided that he would get drunk at the bar that was right next to the cave. Trying to forget the heartbreak he was feeling over Persephone and trying to forget that he had been banished from his own home. Trying to forget everything from the point of receiving the order to return to Olympus. He ended up meeting a woman who was... well he wouldn't say charming. At least that's what they looked like when he had his eighth shot. A villain said to be one of the most dangerous of all. But he was A GOD. She could never stand a chance against him.
When he woke up his memory was very foggy. All he could remember was crying, being forced out of his home, and then getting drunk. He looked is right and saw a very ugly horned thing or should he say creature. He looked down and saw that he was nude. He had to get out of there as soon as possible. Putting his clothes back on and running out the door was the last time he saw the wretched creature also known as Maleficent. Hoping it would stay that way.

An:
Hey guys, thank you for reading my book. I feel like this is just gonna be for fun so. I hope you have a nice day and again I own no one or anything but my OC's