Cotillion day

Auradon

Caspian POV

"Don't be nervous

"Don't be nervous. All you have to do is sit there and look beautiful. No problem there." I said to Mal while we were in the carriage

"Thank you." Mal said while smiling until it dropped while looking at my hand "Where's your ring?"

I looked at my hand and realized Penelope must've taken it last night. "It's being cleaned." I said nonchalantly "It fell off during family day and it took me hours to find it. Only to find it on the croquet field"

Tell Pen to give me a kiss for that.

"Oh ok." She hesitated while looking at the box in her hand " I have something for you."

"For me?" I questioned until i opened the top and took a sniff. Anti love potion.

"Yeah. It's just for later, you know, when you need strength. Some carbs to keep up your energy."

"Always thinking. But I can't wait" I said as I popped it into my mouth.

"NO!" She jumped trying to stop me

"Mmh this is really good"

"Uh, do you..."

"Mal?"

"Do you feel okay?"

"Oh absolutely."

"Would you say that you're still in... that... that you have very strong feelings for me?"

"I'm not sure. I mean, let's give the anti-love potion a few minutes to take effect."

"Yeah... Okay." Just give her a minute "What? What? You knew?" There she is

"That you spelled me?" I paused "Yeah of course I knew. I'm the crowned prince not Chadrick"

"I'm... I can explain myself"

"No, look, It's fine. I mean, We are about to have a party. Am I right? Let's just leave the heavy conversations for later and have fun now." I said while waving at the crowd " just know you're not getting sent back. Maybe a little summer school but that's it" I offered her a smile.

"Ok..." she was shocked I could tell. "So how long have you known?"

"Since our first date" I'm not tell her how. I still don't trust her yet

"So then what? You've just been... Faking it since then?" I could tell she was a little heartbroken

"Look Mal, I think you and I could become friends that's all I can offer you. My heart has already met its match." I sighed "but I don't give up, there's someone out there for you, you just have to be patient"