The Preparations

Auradon

Prince Caspian's P.O.V.

        Today is the day. The day my first proclamation is set in stone. I'm getting jitters just thinking about everything that could go wrong. No I can't think like that. This plan will succeed and maybe it will work out so well that we become friends.

"Snap out of it" my best friend/ royal stylist Austin says after rolling off the lint on my sleeve. "Everything is going to be fine ok?"

Austin and I have been best friends since we were in diapers. Mainly because Aurora and my mother are friends. Austin is an only child and is just like his mother. He became my stylist when we were 14 after my first stylist chose an outfit he deemed "something that a horse would step on to clean their hooves." He's about 5'7, with his mother's luxurious shoulder length hair, and always struts like he's walking the runway with his head up. A few brands like Bippity Boppity boutique by Fairy godmother, Mode for Heroes by Edna Mode, and Honey Lemon by Honey Lemon have reached out to him for help on some designs and to walk the runway. They even asked me to show off my "Princely charm" on the red carpet.

Austin finally revealed his feelings for Quasi (the son of Quasimodo) last year. It didn't come as a shock that they started dating right after that. I mean they've been pining after each other for 3 years now. Quasi is another good friend of mine who came to Auradon 4 years ago. We clicked immediately over our love for Tourney. Hell, that man can run. That's exactly why he's our captain now. Unlike his father, he stands at a tall 6'3 and has his father's brown hair. No humpback. If I wasn't trying to be single as long as I could, I would probably be jealous at the attention he gets from all the girls around school. Too bad for them.

"I'm sorry I'm just nervous." I say as he adjust my hair. "What if they didn't want to come over? What if they didn't have a choice? What if their parents make them do something they might regret? What if I find-"

"Woah slow down partner." He says while stopping me from almost having a panic attack. "Just breathe. Everything will be alright. If something goes wrong we will all be by your side to help you out."

*Knock knock*

"Your Majesty it's time." My royal Guard Gus said as he bowed.

Fun fact that most people don't know is that my mother got Fairy Godmother to turn her friends human as a thank you for everything. Some went off to explore and some stayed to help around the castle. Gus said he wanted to protect "Caspy" so now he is my personal bodyguard. Outside of our duties he is still apart of the family and is invited to our family dinners.

"Thank you Gus." I said with a small nervous smile.

"Don't worry Caspy. You've got this and I will be right there to protect you" he said as he hugged me.