Getting Adjusted

Auradon

The Next Day

Penelope's POV:

After waking up extra early to get to Fairy Godmother's office, I started to overthink. What if my mother doesn't want me? Sure yiayiá had given her information about her mother but what if over the past 16 years she didn't care for her anymore? Did my father truly f up?

All of these thoughts were going through my brain and before I knew it I was standing outside of Fairy Godmother's office.

With a knock I heard a faint "Come in"

"Good morning Fairy Godmother" I said with a smile

"Oh Good morning Penelope." She spoke in her usual lyrical voice. "I hope you slept well."

"Yes ma'am. Best sleep I've ever had"

"That's good to hear dear."

"I came to drop off Cynthia and mine's class registration." I said while handing the paper to her. "I also wanted to ask you a question."

"Oh that's a great head start dear. You're the first of the group to complete it. Now sit and let me answer your question as best as I can"

"Well I was wondering if you could help me locate my mother?"

She looked shocked at the request before answering. " Well if she is anywhere on the Isle I am sure we will be able to find her."

"Thank you Fairy Godmother. This has just made my day." I said while sprinting out of the room

"I'LL LET YOU KNOW WHEN WE CAN START PENELOPE." She yelled as I ran out.

I couldn't even stop myself from the massive smile that was embedded on my face. I was a step closer to my moth-

"Ow. Watch where you're goin-" I started before looking up. "Oh hi Princey."

"Woah Penelope what's the rush?" He said while looking into my eyes. I could feel the same sparks as last time and I knew I had to move.

Moving out of his hold "Oh nothing. Thanks for the advice earlier Princey but I have to go?" I said while turning away.

"Wait" I felt a grip on my arm

Turning back, I couldn't stop looking at his hand on my arm. What is the tingling feeling I'm feeling. I don't understand why I feel so drawn to him. It's like he's the only one who gets me and I just met him. What is it that he's done to me? Maybe he got Fairy Godmother to place a spell on the vks to keep us in check.

"I just wanted to ask how you are adjusting" he said while taking his hand away. Is it bad that I want him to hold my arm again?

"Oh um everything is going great for Thia and I. I just turned in our classes."

"What classes did you decide?"

"Why Princey, are you trying to keep me close?" I said while walking so close to him that our lips were only an inch apart.

He clearly was flustered by the blush that showed on his face. He started fidgeting with his fingers and looked like he was fighting with his inner thoughts. He ended up lowering his head but of course being the tease that I am would not let that happen. I lifted his head up so he was looking me in the eye.

"Um no I-I was uh j-just um asking to make sure y-you were uh adjusting well." he said while trying to look anywhere but my face.

"Don't get shy Princey. I think it's cute." His face now matched a tomato. " Anyway you're just going to have to wait and see." I said while kissing the corner of his lips.

"Bye Princey" I said while walking away slowly as he stood there touching his lips looking stunned.

I finally made it back to my dorm and couldn't stop smiling. What is this boy doing to me?