Back to the original plan

Auradon

Mal's Pov:

As we are walking away from the stuck up prissy people, Penelope still has her arms around me rubbing her hand gently as I lean into her.

Is this what family is?

Is this what it was always supposed to be like?

Would Father actually care for me if I was nicer to Penelope?

Mother's never been affectionate, hell I couldn't even tell you if she ever once said I love you.

None of this would've happened if we stuck to the plan but here I am looking weak and being comforted by my annoying, privileged, ass of a-

"Hey, you know what Chad said isn't true right?" Penelope's voice brings me out of my spiral.

I look towards her "but it is..." I mumble "I stole him from someone... someone who deserves him a lot more than I do."

"Hey!" She grabs my face as we pause for a moment. I'm looking into her golden eyes and can't help to feel jealous. She's everything that father wants in a dau- "You deserve so much more than what you have" is that in a nice way? "You are such a smart and beautiful young woman and you my dear sister don't need a man or woman's approval. Especially not Dad's or your mom's." She brings me into a hug and I feel my eyes leak

"You don't understand..." I pause for a moment as I wrap my arms around her hesitantly " She's all I have. Dad doesn't care and he's the only other family I have."

"Well that's not true" she says as she looks down at me. "You have me and I know we haven't always been on the best terms but I'm here to make up for that. You're my sister Mal and I don't want to see you hurt." I try and spot any dishonesty but I really can only see truth in her eyes. "Also dad does care. He has a bunch of pictures of you up and he blames himself for you not coming around. But of course the little voices of pain and panic tell him that it will make you tougher." She rolls her eyes.

WHAT!!! "WHATTTTT!!!"

" Ow, Mal that was my ear" she says while holding her ear.

" sorry" I say sheepishly " b-but what did you mean?"

" I mean Dad definitely cares and if you ever want to visit him, he would definitely welcome you with warm arms"

" are we talking about the same man?"

"Hmm Hades? Underworld? About yeh Heigh? Blue hair? Yeah I'm pretty sure."

" but mother always says-

"Mal, I already told you don't need that winged Bat's approval."

"I know but it's always just been us. Hades could've taken me but he didn't" I say getting angry. If he really cared he would've come saved me from mother but he didn't and now I owe mother and the plan will succeed.

"You're right he should've but we-"

"There is no we." I say stepping away from her about to run off to wherever the minions oh I mean my friends went. "He only cared about you even without knowing that you're his kid. I was always there but yet he never showed love to me. Only you."

"And he was wrong for that. Making your feeling invalid. You're my sister and I'm-"

"WE ARE NOT SISTERS" My eyes started to glow green and the ground started to shake I know it by the look on her face. "WE WILL NEVER BE SISTERS I HATE YOU"

"Mal, you don't mean-"

"I DO. EVERYTHING REVOLVES AROUND YOU. DAD, MY FRIENDS, YOUR FRIENDS, Caspian," I say quieter "HELL EVEN MY MOM WOULD RATHER HAVE YOU."

The ground is shaking more and more

"Mal listen you need to calm down."

"THIS ISN'T EVEN ME. YOU DINT EVEN KNOW YOUR OWN POWERS" I motion to her hands that have lightning coming out of it (hmm taking Zeus job I see. I know for a fact I don't have any of dad's powers since they were stripped when he entered the isle.

"No" she says in worry while looking in confusion at her hands. " I didn't-"

"Maybe you should take your own advice and calm down"

"PEN!!!" I hear Cynthia's voice from afar as she runs to us

Penelope looks back at her then looks at me again

"Bye bye Penelope." I whisper in her ear "and let the games begin."

As Evie, Jay, Carlos, and I are sitting at the picnic table we came up with a plan to look as innocent as possible so Caspian ends up feeling bad.

"Hey, guys. How is everyone? Yeah? Hey, listen. Forget about it. All right? It was nothing. Forget about it. Let it go. Tomorrow, after the coronation, I promise everything will be okay.
I have to go. I'll see you guys later." Caspian says but we kind of ignore him and he just leaves

"Listen, Evie, I wanna talk about earlier today. I just-" Doug starts as he looks at Evie only

"DOUG, CASPIAN!" Chad yelled

"It's my fault, Doug. I'm sorry" Evie tries to apologize

"No, it's mine" Doug tries to stay with her as they look into each others eyes

"DOUG!" Chad yells again

"Doug..." Evie pleads

"Sorry, I can't." Doug says as he backs away

"How long does she think that's gonna last? Mal is just the bad girl infatuation." Adri ask

"Yeah. I mean, he's never gonna make a villain a queen." Jane says in my ear

Ok I've had enough. They want to play so let play "Beware, forswear, undo Jane's hair."

"Ew! " Chad yells

"There's a lot more where that came from." I say

"Excuse me, who do you think you are?" Adri ask as if it's not the the most obvious thing in the world right now.

"Do I look like I'm kidding? " I say intimidating them as they start running. "I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. Let's grab that wand and blow this Popsicle stand." I say, as we start leaving.

"I'm rotten to the core." Jay says