Chapter 8

The rest of the day rolled about uneventfully.

And Jeanette found it surprisingly easy to talk to people. To talk to Oscar.

The conversation simply never seemed to cease.

There was just so much for them to talk about!

Jeanette just wanted to talk forever.

And then the bell rang and Oscar scrambled off, saying his bye to her, and she left, too, opting to walk to her house instead of taking the bus.

She'd come later if she walked, which meant less time spent at home. Even if her parents were at work, it felt suffocating to be there, even the safety of her room reminded her more of a cage of sorts.

Of course she could just walk around for hours and sometimes, when she really didn't want to go home, she did. She could walk for hours and hours without getting tired, but it wasn't fun and Jeanette often found herself only thinking negatively.

Sure, she would take her dog with her, but dogs can't talk. Can't stop her from thinking.

And it wasn't fun to hang out alone, to walk around without a company of another person. She had spent way too much time with the old dog she no longer found his company as nice as before. As much as it pained her, she no longer loved the dog as much because he only served as a reminder that her only friend is an animal stuck living with her.

She only wanted to loosen up.

Pain helped her loosen up, helped her stop thinking.

Even though she had felt happier these two day's in Oscar's company, the happiness was short-lived, lasting only when he was around.

When he left, she was once again reminded of the harsh reality she encountered every single day.

Pain helped her loosen up, helped her escape the real world.

She unlocked the front door slowly. She didn't want to step in.

She didn't want to step in because she knew what'd follow if she did. But she had nothing else to do, she had no choice but to enter.

She didn't feel like walking anymore that day.

She stepped in and headed straight for her room. Placing her bag down onto the floor, she headed to the bathroom.

And then the blood spilled.