Chapter 13

Oscar also liked to be a little touchy.

He didn't hug Jeanette as the other girls he knew, though - she had told him it was a little bit out of her comfort zone.

She couldn't stop herself from feeling sort of jealous when she saw Oscar's hands wrap around the girls, who embraced him back with just as much of a strong grip as he did. Their close proximity... Jeanette wanted that as well.

Still, it felt weird and uncomfortable to hug.

Still, she kinda wished he'd hug her, too.

A simple sidehug, putting his arms around her shoulders...

But then again, she'd feel uncomfortable with the touch.

Why am I so indecisive?

She let it go - she might as well reserve their hug for some special occasion.

For now, she was only glad he still talks to her, that they're still friends despite him knowing so many better people he could have been friends with.

But he stuck with her, talked and joked during the lessons and sometimes they ate lunch together.

And the words, the conversation just kept going with ease. There was never any awkward silence between them.

Maybe it was because Jeanette had accumulated a lot of words inside her over the years since she didn't really have a chance to say them to anyone and so when she finally got the chance, she could let all those words free.

Jeanette talked and talked.

And they had a great time together, at least that's what Jeanette thought, even though they didn't hang out after school (the dog walk was the only time yet, none of them really asked to, anymore) but the time they spent in school together was enough for her.

But he wasn't only with her, sometimes, he'd sit with some other classmates, talk with the person at the desk on the side of him. His time wasn't reserved only for her, but she was okay with it.

She was okay with him not always being with her, she was okay with him sometimes leaving her alone because she knew that he didn't mean to leave her alone, but that he'd rather only meant to talk to all his other friends because of his easy-going and cheerful personality.

He couldn't leave anyone out. So he talked to the others as well and at such times Jeanette would sit quietly at her desk or eat lunch by herself. But he couldn't leave anyone out. So he went to Jeanette the next day and spent the whole of it with her.

He'd ask her to join him while talking to some other classmates, or at a lunch table with them, but she'd always decline. She knew her classmates would feel uncomfortable and nervous with her being around.

At such times, she'd only discreetly watch them from a distance, feeling extremely grateful to have met a person like Oscar.