Chapter 14

Many people Oscar had known throughout his life would say he's a person naturally skilled in the social department. He knew how to catch people's attention, knew how to make them laugh. He knew how to make them like him.

But none of them knew what was lying underneath his cheerful, energetic facade.

Underneath it all was only a little scared boy, scared to be left by everyone, scared to never know how it is to be loved.

Oscar have always felt the need to get along with everyone, to become friends with as many people as he could.

Oscar was terrified of being alone.

He couldn't stand to spend his time by himself, it didn't feel right to him. He didn't want to.

He wanted to surround himself with people just so that he won't have to spend a minute of his life alone.

Not like he wasn't alone, though, he was. A lot.

But it was never his choice to be left alone.

And so when he could, he wasn't alone. When he had his own say in the matter, he hung out with someone after school, or went to an after school club, or invited people over... just do anything where he'd have people around.

Being alone was suffocating to him. The big house he lived in always seemed to shrink its wall, trapping Oscar in a tiny room with almost no air to breathe.

He wanted, needed to make someone like him, love him, because his parents didn't bother to.

He only wanted to make up for the lost things he never got as a child.

His parents were just simply too busy to provide their son with love and care, always going somewhere on a business trip, always attending a meeting until late at night, always going to lunches with possible business partners.

A child was only a nuisance to them.

And Oscar just desperately wanted to feel like someone cared for him.

He wanted someone to show they do, just so that he'd know he was not alone, that he had someone to turn to, that he had someone to use to lessen his fear.

Sharp EdgesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara