Chapter 39

Jeanette was luckily able to survive the morning without any major trouble. Yes, it was very tense and awkward between them. But she woke up in Oscar's bed, brushed her teeth, change clothes, and left out the breakfast, saying she needed to quickly come home.

Because she didn't want to stay in his house longer than needed. Nor did she want to return to hers.

Oscar didn't say anything to her ever since they woke up. He had been quiet just like her.

The moment she stepped out of his house was finally the moment she was free to breathe.

And so she was mindlessly strolling around, walking slowly. This was her second circuit already.

She kicked at a little rock in her way. She bit her lip. She was deep in thought.

What is going to happen to her and Oscar now? Are they going to act as if they have never met, act like after Jeanette's confession?

She had no idea. She wasn't sure if it was the right thing what she had done. If it was the better choice.

Soon, presumably, she'll find out.

For now, she just enjoyed the fresh air and cool breeze hitting her cheeks.

It was actually hard for her to think while walking. She was getting distracted by every little grass or pebble, the clouds and the trees.

But even though she did not want to really think about Oscar and her, even though she rather wanted to focus on the nature enveloping her, her mind often wondered back to the direction of his house, to the sound of his laughter and the color of his eyes.

Just what exactly is their relationship going to be like now?

Jeanette felt like crying, and at the same time, like smiling. There were so many emotions circling in her head she didn't know what to do or what all of them meant.

Guess she'll just see after the weekend.