Chapter 47

Oscar kept getting worried more and more with each day that Jeanette didn't come to school.

Was it really the right thing of him to do? Was it really the thing she wanted?

He was doubting himself.

He hated it. No one before made him so self-conscious of his actions before, no one made him ever put so much effort into a friendship before.

And yet all the effort and tries will go to waste?

If the kiss didn't win Jeanette over - which it should've, according to him, she liked him after all, no? - then Oscar really had no idea what more to do.

The more he thought about it, the more he asked - was she really worth so much?

No. She doesn't deserve so much of my time and effort, especially if she's clearly not grateful.

That's it, the last straw. If she will still ignore him after his confession, screw her.

He'll stop being friends with her, even acquaintances - it was her own fault.

A couple days had gone by, the week ending. And Jeanette finally came to school the next week, sitting in her desk next to Oscar.

She didn't spare a glance at him and it made Oscar a little irritated.

Does she think she's so good I'm not worth even a single look of acknowledgement from her?

He sneaked glances at her for the rest of the day, but Jeanette never once returned them.