Chapter 11

Jeanette could not remember the last time she felt to good. So happy.

So alive.

Cared for.

Appreciated.

Liked and loved by a friend.

She felt as if someone finally saw the worth in her.

Because she sure was worth keeping as a friend.

Even though Jeanette would probably never say this about herself, nor anyone else since no one really knew her, she was of extremely kind and nice nature.

She always helped every bug cross the road so that it won't get stepped on.

Always gave a little food to a stray cat.

Always thanked the sun for watching upon her and the moon for keeping safe all her secrets.

All the love she gave to the animals, to the nature and would have given to another person as well if they were worth it, she hoped all her good deeds would be somehow returned with an equal amount of love to her.

She was generally a loving person, but even she had her limits. Some days were too hard for her to carry herself through and those days were generally the ones when she'd yell at her parents or scowl at her dog when he kept annoying and pestering her, when she got tired of him (when he still lived, of course).

At the end at such days, though, she'd regret her actions and cry. Or hurt herself.

She first tried it when she was fourteen. It stuck with her ever since.

But it wasn't as if she'd do it every single day. She only sometimes got these urges, itching to do it.

Even if she thought she felt happy or at least alright during the day, even if her day didn't completely suck, it didn't matter.

Sometimes, she just had to do it. Other days, no.

Physical pain was just much more bearable than the emotional one.