Chapter 31

As Oscar and Jeanette started being friends again, even their classmates interacted much more with them, not put off anymore by the atmosphere between the two. The room loosened up and felt much lighter and gleeful when the two were finally back on good terms.

Well, at least Jeanette tried. It was still hard for her to forget what had happened and continue on normally.

Their classmates would often invite them together to hang out, both of them agreeing, but most times, even though she had fun, Jeanette wished she hadn't agreed.

It hurt to look at him knowing that he can never be really hers.

And as much as she wanted to become a friend with him again, now that it actually happened, she didn't want to spend a lot of time with him.

Sure, in school when they'd sit together, they'd talk and joke as if no obstacles had almost destroyed their friendship just a little time ago, during lunch they'd eat together and comment on the food, but it didn't really feel like it to Jeanette.

It didn't feel like their friendship was back to normal, it felt as if she was trying too hard to mend it together.

Oscar, on the other hand, didn't look bothered the slightest bit. Maybe it was because he had no feelings for her, didn't get hurt and burned, he was able to act as a good friend to her, just like he had done since the first time they've met, ignoring the big hole their friendship had experienced.

Jeanette felt bad she cannot get over it and be a good friend to him just like he is to her.

Jeanette felt bad it wasn't enough for her to be just friends.