03 | Mentors

"Good morning!" Celeste exclaimed as she sat at the breakfast table, grabbing a piece of toast from Finnick's plate

She was met with a slue of responses; a chirpy 'good morning' from Katrine, a grumpy yell from Finnick, and an interrogation from Darian.

"So where did you go last night?" Darian asked, drawing the other two's attention. Celeste rolled her eyes at all of their reactions.

"I just went for some fresh air. No big deal," she answered back, earning a chuckle from Finnick.

"You were gone a long time," Darian spoke again.

"I ran into a friend," she responded simply, taking another bite of toast. Finnick once again laughed before speaking up.

"What friend? You don't have any friends," He joked, earning a punch from Celeste.

"Cato was on the roof when I got there. We just talked for a bit, that's all," Celeste assured. 

"Cato? You mean the victor from last year's games? He's handsome," Katrine finally spoke, seemingly daydreaming about Cato. The three others let out a chuckle.

"Yeah yeah, you can think about how cute he is after you win the games," Celeste interrupted, ruffling Katrine's hair.

"Are you sure you won't get to him first?" Darian joked again, resulting in a death glare from Celeste.

"Keep talking like that and you won't even make it to the arena," Celeste jokingly threatened him. 

"I'm just saying, that must've been a long conversation," He teased again.

"Get going, now. Both of you, You're gonna be late to meet your stylists. It's parade day," Celeste interrupted, faking annoyance. Finnick, Katrine, and Darian all laughed and got up from the table with Darian raising his arms in surrender, making Celeste smile at his little joke.

-

After what felt like hours, Katrine and Darian were finally finished with the parade. Celeste noted the beautiful work done by their stylists again this year, having the two dressed up as sea gods, as well as the charisma of both of their tributes. She couldn't have been more proud.