41 | Squad 451

When Celeste found out their squad was being sent to the front lines, she wasn't quite expecting it to all be for show

When Celeste found out their squad was being sent to the front lines, she wasn't quite expecting it to all be for show. After all, she spent hours tirelessly training against other soldiers to prepare her for war.

And yet, here she was, roaming the streets behind all of the actual soldiers, with a camera crew in tow.

And Celeste couldn't forget about the Holo to stop them from walking into a trap.

Celeste resented the idea of the Holo. And not because it wasn't super helpful. It was. But only certain squads were given access to the technology, leaving others in the dust.

And the more Celeste thought about it, the more she started to view Thirteen like the Capitol. After all, the Capitol was known for supplying more to the more valuable districts. Is that not what Coin was doing now?

Though anytime Celeste brought up the concern, Gale would insist that the tactic was just the price of war. And Celeste, the least likely soldier there, had no argument against that.

"Come on, Team," Boggs instructed, leading the group toward a dot on the Holo. Celeste observed her surroundings, looking for any signs of a hidden pod. But the Capitol was amazing at masking them.

Immediately, the camera crew got into position, hiding behind a statue as they shot the victors, or more specifically Katniss. Celeste clutched her spear, knowing her skills would be useless in this situation.

Katniss, however, was urged forward, where Cressida instructed her to pause until she got the right angle. Katniss gritted her teeth at this but obliged, listening carefully as Boggs instructed her where to shoot.

Then, Katniss sent one of her black arrows flying straight through an arch. Instantly, two flames shot out at the arrow, disintegrating it entirely.

Celeste quickly turned away at the sight, checking the time as she waited for the fire to finish. But little did she know, the fire was not the only trap.

Within an instant, a loud explosion rang out, causing Celeste to panic. Instantly, Celeste closed her eyes, trying her best to forget all about the videos she had seen from Eight.

"It's not real. None of it was real," Celeste muttered to herself as she crouched down, covering her ears as she tried to escape the explosion. Without missing a beat, Cato made his way over to her side, ignoring the caution he should've been taking.