21 | It's a Bloodbath

Water

Water. Her specialty. 

Celeste wouldn't be surprised if this was Snow's doing, trying his best to give her the advantage so she can kill Katniss and then create a force to wipe her out as well.

Too bad the rebels will succeed first.

Suddenly, Claudius Templesmith's voice rang out, interrupting her thoughts.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, let the 75th Hunger Games begin!"

And then, the countdown began.

10. 9. 8.

Celeste scanned her surroundings, looking for her allies. Wishing for Cato. But the only people she could see were Enobaria, Seeder, Finnick, and Katniss. Peeta and Cato must've been on the other side, blocked by the massive silver cornucopia.

7. 6. 5.

Finnick caught Celeste's gaze, shaking his head when he noticed the way her eyes searched for Cato. Celeste knew he was right, it was better to keep Cato away from the rebel plan for now, in hopes that the Capital leaves him alone if he does end up captured.

4. 3. 2.

With that, Celeste gained focus, readying herself to jump off of the platform. When the projection finally flashed 1, Celeste immediately sprung off the platform, making a break for the Cornucopia. Unlike the others, who seemed to favor using the pathways, Celeste, the one who spent all her life in water, opted to swim her way to the cornucopia. A wise choice seeing as she was the first one to reach the Cornucopia, followed shortly behind by Finnick. 

The two quickly nodded at one another before spreading out to grab supplies and weapons. Celeste grabbed a few knives and her spear as well as a few extra spearheads, but noted the way there were no supplies other than weapons.  Celeste also noted the display of swords on the wall, causing Celeste to leave a remaining spearhead stabbed into the wall for Cato to later find.

'I'm safe.'

After that, Celeste made it her mission to find Peeta, noticing how Finnick already had eyes on Katniss. Peeta, it turned out, was still in the water fighting with another tribute. Celeste quickly called out for Katniss and Finnick before diving into the water and swimming toward Peeta.