10 | The Aftermath

The game went as follows: 12 tributes died on day one, all in the bloodbath

The game went as follows: 12 tributes died on day one, all in the bloodbath. The careers were the foremost perpetrators of violence, as usual. Celeste even noted that Katrine got her hands dirty once or twice. Finnick, Cato, and Celeste's tributes all managed to make it out relatively unscathed, but Johanna lost her female tribute. Though, her male tribute was still going strong.

Days 2 through 5 didn't stand out to Celeste. They were pretty silent actually. Every now and then, the careers would find a target and knock them out, but they all remained relatively safe. By the end of day 5, there were 9 tributes left; the careers, the boy from Three, the boy from Seven, and the girl from Ten.

Day 6 was when the Gamemakers began to really play. It started with a lightning storm, perfectly designed to strike the tributes. The career pack lost two tributes that day; Calista and the boy from District One. The storm also took the girl from Ten and the boy from Three. 

After that, the careers decided it would be best to split up. Much to Celeste's relief, Katrine and Darian ended up sticking together. 

Day 7 was the most devastating day of all for Celeste because day 7 was the day she lost Katrine. It happened when Darian and Katrine were out hunting for any source of food. They hadn't noticed the boy from Seven trailing behind them and before they knew it, the boy was lunging for Katrine, axe in hand.

Darian tried his best to save her, but it was no use, she was already dead. Though, he did get his little source of 'revenge' when he pierced the boy with his trident. 

Celeste didn't get angry or bitter about what the boy from Seven did. She knew he was just trying to win and go home, much like she had done in her games. But, that didn't stop the tears from prickling in her eyes.

Day 8 was the final day. All that was left was Darian, Lucius, and the girl from One. The girl from One was the first to go, losing in a battle against Lucius, though she did put up a good fight, leaving Lucius with a limp. 

It was then, once the girl from One was gone, that the game makers moved the game to the center of the arena, drawing the two remaining tributes closer by setting a loud ringing off that wouldn't stop until they reached the arena.

Celeste could see blood dripping from Darian's ears as he reached the center, still on guard for Lucius. Lucius appeared a moment later, in much worse condition than Darian. The battle was long and tireless, with the two giving up on weapons and just physically fighting at one point. 

Then, with the swift smack of a rock, the game ended and the four mentors went silent.