22 | Fog

Instantly, Finnick shoved Katniss off of Peeta, beginning to start CPR

Instantly, Finnick shoved Katniss off of Peeta, beginning to start CPR. Celeste kept her gaze on Katniss, pulling out her spear when she noticed Katniss load her bow, only lowering it when Katniss dropped her bow.

Katniss continued to freak out, begging Peeta to wake up as tears streamed down her face, as Celeste's confused eyes stayed locked on her.

A moment later, Celeste heard Peeta wake up with a gasp, and in an instant, Katniss threw herself on him.

"Careful," Peeta muttered weakly.

"There's a force field up ahead."

Katniss just cried at that, letting out a wet chuckle.

"You were dead! Your heart stopped!" Katniss yelled out before covering her mouth and looking around to see if the other two would scold her for being so loud. Instead, she was met with way looks from both Finnick and Celeste, but quickly turned her attention back to Peeta.

"I'm okay. It's working now," Peeta replied, eyes slowly beginning to open.

"Do you wanna get up?" Katniss asked, helping the boy up as he nodded.

"Katniss?" Peeta asked, noticing the way Katniss is still hysterically crying. But before she could reply Finnick cut in.

"It's okay. It's just her hormones," he answered, causing Celeste to nod.

"My mother was like with when she was pregnant with my sister, I've seen it," Celeste reassured, trying to both ease Peeta's worries and convince the Capital. Katniss tried to deny both of them, but instead, broke down into tears again, making their point even stronger.

"Should we get moving?" Peeta suggested, causing Katniss to stir again.

"We aren't moving, " Katniss demanded, eyes narrowed.

"We can't stay here. We've already drawn the other's attention, if we stay, who knows who will show up," Celeste replied, pointing towards the beach. The rest of the group sighed but agreed.

"We'll just go slowly," she added, earning a nod of thanks from Peeta.

"I'll lead then," Katniss spoke out, walking ahead of everyone. Celeste didn't mind though, seeing as Katniss seemed to know a trick to find where the forcefield was. While Celeste zoned out, Finnick and Peeta interrogated Katniss about how she knew where the forcefield was. Something about her reconstructed ear being able to hear the buzzing. Celeste knew it was probably a lie, but decided against saying anything.

The group walked for what felt like hours, still lacking a food source when Celeste noticed a few nuts that Katniss had been throwing at the forcefield on the ground. The ones from the games two years ago -- food. Hurridly, she peeled off the shell and placed one in her mouth, only to have her hand pulled away by Katniss.