18 | The Deal

"Celeste, you up?" Finnick asked as he knocked on her door, poking his head in

"I am now," Celeste teased, though she was obviously already up seeing as she was sitting up by the time Finnick stuck his head in.

"Can't sleep?" Finnick asked as he sat down, getting himself comfortable.

"At this rate, exhaustion may be what kills me after all," Celeste joked, shifting to face him.

"Celeste, I need to tell you something," Finnick admitted, shifting the mood.

"What is it?" Celeste asked, tilting her head in confusion.

"You have to promise me you won't tell Cato," Finnick started, staring into Celeste's eyes.

"Why? What's going on?" Celeste asked, starting to panic.

"Celeste," Finnick warned, keeping his gaze on her.

"Fine. I won't tell Cato."

"I made a deal with Plutarch," Finnick admitted, causing Celeste's eyes to widen in shock.

"Are you serious? Finnick, what the hell?" Celeste yelled at him as she sat up straighter.

"It's not what you think. He's part of the rebellion, Celeste. And he wants you to join."

"The rebellion? Finnick if Snow finds out we're even talking about this, He'll kill us," Celeste mumbled, beginning to panic again.

"We're already dead, Celeste. Might as well die for a good cause," Finnick argued, causing Celeste to freeze. The two stayed silent for a moment as Celeste went over her choices in her head.

"Just think about it. Plutarch wants to meet with you tonight. I just wanted to warn you ahead of time," Finnick finished. Celeste nodded her head, but stayed silent, watching as Finnick walked out the door.

-

When they got to the training center, Celeste decided to work on her own today, trying her best to focus on spear skills. So, when a hologram room opened up, Celeste took the opportunity.

After entering the settings, Celeste stood in the center panel, spear in hand. Being from District Four, Celeste was much better at wielding her spear rather than throwing it, but if it came down to it, she could do both.

So when the holograms turned on and started coming after her, her body was set in motion, flinging from left to right as she stabbed into each of the holograms. The last hologram, however, had a distance weapon, shooting an arrow toward Celeste. Celeste narrowly ducked from the arrow, before flinging the spear, piercing both the hologram and the wall.